BDGA Tour #2 - Croydon Cyclone 2012 - Mar 3/4th

Does what it says on the tin!
Paul Holden

Re: BDGA Tour #2 - Croydon Cyclone 2012 - Mar 3/4th

Post by Paul Holden » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks to everyone involved. Slippery tees notwithstanding the course was in great condition and lunch was, as always, simply wonderful and wonderfully simple.

Congrats and props to all the finalists. I decided to make an early exit after lunch and I certainly found "driving" in that weather bloody awful! :oops:

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Burnlaw... and Mull.
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

Mr.Scary

Post by Mr.Scary » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 am

Great challenges, great finishes, what more could you ask for...???

I loved stepping up to the tee with a 20mph headwind with a Z Pred in my hand only to have the wind suddenly stop for a full 15 seconds and you knew by the time you went back to your bag and changed discs the gale would return-lol.

My favorite part though was when Rich got a wicked googley thrown at him by the Council as they double booked Saturday and Mr.Wood deftly handed it with only a slight change in the schedule for 54 golfers of extra rest/lunch for 45 minutes or so...

I said 'schedule' not skedual btw. :D

Fantastic on all parts, Thank YOU Croydon!!!
"By far, the most important part of any shot is what is happening in the last split second as the disc is pulling itself from your grip. Focus there. It's the key."

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

Village

Post by Village » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 am

I thoroughly enjoyed myself despite playing like a donkey fin the second and third rounds.....

A small observation would be that the change of tee off time on Sunday morning was not well advertised, I only found out 15 minutes before tee off when Ross P phoned me to check if I knew (I didn't) at which point I was still driving to the coarse......

I did arrive on the tee in time to start with the rest of my group, but I was out of breath.

A post on the forum would've saved my a bit of stress and avoided me driving at possibly illegal speeds through Croydon in order to get to the coarse on time.

We'll call this constructive criticism.

Cheers
Pete
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 am

Village wrote:A small observation would be that the change of tee off time on Sunday morning was not well advertised...
I don't know how many times we have to go down this route, but when are we going to learn not to advertise start times for rounds? Players meeting is the only time that is needed on the invite, all other timings are subject to change whether it's because of mini-marathons, weather forecasts or simply because the TD wants a lie-in on Sunday
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 am

[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Village

Post by Village » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

bruce wrote:
Village wrote:A small observation would be that the change of tee off time on Sunday morning was not well advertised...
I don't know how many times we have to go down this route, but when are we going to learn not to advertise start times for rounds? Players meeting is the only time that is needed on the invite, all other timings are subject to change whether it's because of mini-marathons, weather forecasts or simply because the TD wants a lie-in on Sunday
I have no problem with advertised start times, only when they are changed and I'm not told.

Having said that, I can see that your point. An item for this years AGM?
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

Charlie Mead

Thanks - and...

Post by Charlie Mead » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks for the whole event Rich. Well managed. And enjoyed playing with lots of different people - mainly because of my inconsistency jumping me up and down the table!

Just a quick note to all those who said they would like to staff at Europeans this summer - please mail me, as have already forgotten who you were!

Contact details on EC 2012 website below - or Mull website (or even phone)

Thanks in advance
Charlie Mead
charlie.mead01@gmail.com
http://www.cpsforchildren.com
http://www.mulldiscgolf.org.uk
For Tournament Discs see:
http://www.disczoo.com/

TheGroover

Data nerds - check this out

Post by TheGroover » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi all
Want to know how many birdies/bogies you got? And which holes played easiest/hardest? Check out this:

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... y?:embed=y
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

Mr.Scary

Re: Data nerds - check this out

Post by Mr.Scary » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:40 am

TheGroover wrote:Hi all
Want to know how many birdies/bogies you got? And which holes played easiest/hardest? Check out this:

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... y?:embed=y

Brilliant!!!

Thx Andy!!!!!!
"By far, the most important part of any shot is what is happening in the last split second as the disc is pulling itself from your grip. Focus there. It's the key."

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."