Team Disc Zoo

Off topic chat! / Point out the baggers!
Nige

Team Disc Zoo

Post by Nige » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:50 am

Team Disc Zoo is go!

We have carefully selected and approached players who we believe to be fine upstanding ambassadors for our sport, and who can not only perform at the top of their division, but embody the spirit of the game:

- Charlie Mead : Senior Grandmaster
- Emily Wilsdon : Women
- James Luton : Open
- Jonny Morris : Master
- Ned Morris : Junior
- Tomazs Nowak : Junior

This is the first team of its kind in the UK. We will be supporting them to spread the word about Disc Golf, helping them to become better players, and are looking forward to following their progress over the coming season.

We're putting the finishing touches to the kit - they're going to look good on the podium - and we'll be filling their bags with the finest plastic of their choice.

Look out for them, they'll be hard to miss for all the right reasons!

BOF

Re: Team Disc Zoo

Post by BOF » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:49 pm

You seem to be missing a Grandmaster in your line-up!

Maybe your email to me got lost in my spam filters? Or maybe you felt that I didn't meet your exacting crtiteria to be worthy for consideration? :D

I was only joking when I said that finest plastic that I would be wanting in my bag would be a LEGO Death Star...

Will your team kit be based on creatures found in a zoo? Can't wait to see James in a panda outfit! Or will father and son be the front and back legs of one of the Big Cats stalking another father and son combo dressed as a wildebeest or gazelle?

Good luck to them and all the other animals in your menagerie this season.

AND... I finally get to use the amusing Jonny Morris reference in a relevant, zoo-themed context - after all these years waiting for the right moment!

All together now...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxsaTaVhC4

BOF

Big Safari Smile
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

Nige

Re: Team Disc Zoo

Post by Nige » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:01 am

I thought you were serious about that Death Star model... it would have been so much simpler if you hadn't been adamant about it being 1:1 scale!

What wonderful music for a Monday morning :) That's well and truly stuck in my head for the day.

The initial trials of Giraffe onesies and rubber crocodile suits were not well received. Back to the drawing board.