odd stuff you do

Off topic chat! / Point out the baggers!
neil

odd stuff you do

Post by neil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Just out of interest I thought it might be interesting to find out if other people do and Disc Golf related "odd stuff" or is it just me?
I know that pretty much all of us drive our cars or ride trains and busses through the countryside and think to ourselves "that would make a beautiful course, I wish I could build one" come on, admit it, you do and yes Del, I know you did and you did. But what about other stuff like when you get a plate out of the cupboard in readiness for your tea and maybe for a second grip it like a destroyer and hold it out in front like you lining up a drive or maybe every time you pass something round like a takeaway coffee cup lid you can't help picking it up and trying to putt it into the nearest bin. I have a list of these things and I can't help thinking that I can't be the only one (please god don't let me be the only one) especially at this time of year when you’re stepping up your practice. So come on, use this as your confessional and unburden yourself and tell us what your "odd stuff" is. You know it will help.

gommog

Re: odd stuff you do

Post by gommog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm

When doing a tea round at work we have to use trays cos it's a bit of a long walk, the tray is probably 20 inches across but every time i pick it up i can't help wondering how far i could drive it, i suppose th eonly other odd thing is putting my traveller by the kitchen sink and putting from the front door, there's a fair few scrapes along my walls and kitchen cupboards from that.
QP Hyzer Cup Champions 2010/2011
Eurasian and African kan jam champion 2014
Spanish Am Champion 2015

BDGA no.360
PDGA no. 46975

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 am

All of the above and so many more.

Warehouse at work that I have planned out and played many rounds and many courses when the MD is away.

always throwing any round vaguely disc shaped thing at bins, probably mostly missing.

Find myself practising driving and putting actions whilst on the phone to people.

Instead of counting sheep I play rounds on courses I've played before to fall asleep, drive, approach, putt, tee off on next tee. If i'm feeling very generous to myself I might see a hole in one and a few birdies, never more than par! Normally I get to about hole 5 at QP before falling asleep, but I have played out QP, Croydon, Burnlaw, Whitcombe, Dutch Open layout, Essex and Shrewsbury + a couple of target courses on a sleepless night before....
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

Village

Post by Village » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 am

Rich you should include your drive methodology as an "odd thing you do", the first time I pointed it out to Ivan, he nearly wet himself laughing......
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

MampiSwift

Post by MampiSwift » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:29 pm

rhatton1 wrote:All of the above and so many more.

Warehouse at work that I have planned out and played many rounds and many courses when the MD is away.

always throwing any round vaguely disc shaped thing at bins, probably mostly missing.

Find myself practising driving and putting actions whilst on the phone to people.

Instead of counting sheep I play rounds on courses I've played before to fall asleep, drive, approach, putt, tee off on next tee. If i'm feeling very generous to myself I might see a hole in one and a few birdies, never more than par! Normally I get to about hole 5 at QP before falling asleep, but I have played out QP, Croydon, Burnlaw, Whitcombe, Dutch Open layout, Essex and Shrewsbury + a couple of target courses on a sleepless night before....
The night before the QP chilly chuck this year Megan had a dream that she got an ace on every hole at QP !!! The mind of a seven year old!!!
Quarry Park member.
BDGA number :354
PDGA number :45313
Hyzer cup 2009/10 champions
Hyzer cup 2010/11 champions
Hyzer cup 2011/12 champions
Hyzer cup 2012/2013 champions