Mid Range Disc / Plastic

Talk about plastic, Targets, Bags and which woolly jumper to wear in the winter etc...
Also the place to look for lost discs.
West

Mid Range Disc / Plastic

Post by West » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:36 pm

So the season is drawing close and the Christmas lists are starting to be drawn up (yes i did use the 'C' word in September) so am looking (again) for disc suggestions.

My sister got me a Flash last year and its one of my main drivers i use, so anything is possible.

I'm quite attached to my two Buzzz mid range, but i feel that relying on the same disc every time i approach could eventually be my down fall (not that i've got good yet ... but you get the idea).

Any suggestions? :)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:53 am

You could try out a Breeze for right turns, and a Wasp for left turns/headwinds.

Also a Comet comes in pretty handy for slightly longer approaches/controlled drives, and the Medius is a nice overstable Comet-length disc.
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Scuttler

Post by Scuttler » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:42 am

Champion Coyote for me.

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:05 am

Scuttler wrote:Champion Coyote for me.
I tried the Coyote but it was too touchy at the power/snap level I wanted to throw it.
For me:
Breeze = turns over every time
Wasp = never turns over
I had high hopes that the Coyote would = straight every time, but it turned out to be more like 'Oops, turned it over', 'Oops, it hyzered out', Oops, turned it again'...

Got one for sale if you're interested! :D
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Village

Post by Village » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:07 pm

Rhino:
upwind:straight
Downwind:straight
thrown with snap:straight

as an ex-ultimate player you should get on with it fairly easily

As for going round corners....
Rhino with hyzer/anhyzer

Job done!
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:39 pm

Village wrote:Rhino:
upwind:straight
Downwind:straight
thrown with snap:straight

as an ex-ultimate player you should get on with it fairly easily

As for going round corners....
Rhino with hyzer/anhyzer

Job done!
So you like the Rhyno then :wink:
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:42 pm

I generally use my Wizard as a mid range, as Bruce has pointed out mid ranges can be touchy, they need more of a finesse release, i save my finesse releases for the boudoir :shock:

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

madfrolfer

Post by madfrolfer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:43 am

I would stick with the Breeze. I don't think there is any harm in throwing one mid range. You will only learn how to make it do what you want. Once you have gotten so comfortable throwing it that you know what you CAN'T do with it, the you can look for something to fill that gap.

What are you looking for? More distance, something that turns over, something that doesn't?
Frolf it up!!!!
http://www.Discology.co.uk
http://www.TwistedFlyer.com
http://www.ESSEXDISCGOLF.CO.UK

West

Post by West » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:34 am

madfrolfer wrote:What are you looking for? More distance, something that turns over, something that doesn't?
I may try out a breeze for right turns and stick with my Buzzz for the rest. I don't have a big enough bag to carry around them all ... not like some of you guys :)
bruce wrote:Also a Comet comes in pretty handy for slightly longer approaches/controlled drives, and the Medius is a nice overstable Comet-length disc.
I have a comet, but don't carry it around with me as its never been overly useful, or i've not been too successfull with it. I carried it all last season and the consistency was never there ... that maybe due to my inability, but i didn't feel confident throwing it.
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011