European Championships 2010

News from the PDGA EuroTour and farther afield.
ketchup

Post by ketchup » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi peeps, as Bruce and Jester both declined the captains position, i would like to throw myself out there as a possible candidate, I would even be happy to attempt to behave and conduct myself in a manner that reflects in a positive way the UK and the genuine love for the sport that we all have :)

I have zero experience, and there are many names on the list that could do a better job than me no doubt, so i wont be offended if you all laugh and tell me to do one, i just wanted to say i would be pleased to have the opportunity if noone else is willing or wants a crack at it.

Ross

DamnMassive

Post by DamnMassive » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Ross Boy - better one volunteer than 10 pressed men!

i'd be more than happy to see you captain our (notso) elite squad!

I'm just chuckling about the discussions for qualfying. and for once i planned ahead and checked the criteria.....played open..played 4 events
got a space.

that said in the past few years 'wild cards' have allowed most wanna-be's a slot. with such a local event we've got to get a good uk showing.

damn M

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Can anyone enlighten me as to how this event is organised, i.e. under which body? I can't see anything on the tournament website. Went to the PDGA Europe site and that only talks about the EuroTour.

Dan, where did you check the qualification criteria? I am looking everywhere and I can't find anything about how this tournament is organised etc.

Village

Post by Village » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 am

DamnMassive wrote:Ross Boy - better one volunteer than 10 pressed men!
has sombody been reading too many Patrick O'Brian books? :D
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

ketchup wrote:Hi peeps, as Bruce and Jester both declined the captains position, i would like to throw myself out there as a possible candidate, I would even be happy to attempt to behave and conduct myself in a manner that reflects in a positive way the UK and the genuine love for the sport that we all have :)

I have zero experience, and there are many names on the list that could do a better job than me no doubt, so i wont be offended if you all laugh and tell me to do one, i just wanted to say i would be pleased to have the opportunity if noone else is willing or wants a crack at it.

Ross

Poole for PRESIDENT!

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:02 am

Paul Holden wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to how this event is organised, i.e. under which body? I can't see anything on the tournament website. Went to the PDGA Europe site and that only talks about the EuroTour.

Dan, where did you check the qualification criteria? I am looking everywhere and I can't find anything about how this tournament is organised etc.
Qualification is set by each country. A mail was sent to all members before the season started detailing the criteria

The event is organised by a committee of 5 senior european players/members, of which I am one. We are aware that this event needs it's own website and documentation set, but we are also the guys who run the EuroTour, and that has had more focus recently.
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you Bruce.

I thought that might be the answer but I couldn't find the newsletter in my email archive. I will look again.

I can understand the issue with this event as it does not really fit with the PDGA ethos (as I understand it anyway). I think that it is really good that we have an event of this kind and I look forward to qualifying for it in the future :)

Need to win Ad Am and move up first of course :) :)

West

Post by West » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 pm

Paul Holden wrote:Need to win Ad Am and move up first of course :) :)
I hear you, but you don't have to win to move up you can move up when you want and then I can win! :twisted:

Maybe ... :lol:
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Hmm, moving up so I can (possibly) qualify for Euros when I am not good enough make an Ad Am final would seem like sandbagging to me. A strange sort of sandbagging perhaps but still...

On the other hand if I spent a season in the top 5 of Ad Am I would probably move up even if I never won a single event let alone the division. That's a personal position folks nothing more.

Also surely everyone in the division would need to move up before you had a shot Adam ;)

West

Post by West » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

Paul Holden wrote:Hmm, moving up so I can (possibly) qualify for Euros when I am not good enough make an Ad Am final would seem like sandbagging to me. A strange sort of sandbagging perhaps but still...

On the other hand if I spent a season in the top 5 of Ad Am I would probably move up even if I never won a single event let alone the division. That's a personal position folks nothing more.

Also surely everyone in the division would need to move up before you had a shot Adam ;)
Ooo burn!! I'll get you Gadget!! :twisted:
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 am

Paul Holden wrote:On the other hand if I spent a season in the top 5 of Ad Am I would probably move up even if I never won a single event let alone the division. That's a personal position folks nothing more.
Not necessarily, Paul. 4th and 5th in Amstats this year were Neal Pickett (914) and Richard Wood (901) who are both below the 920 threshold for mandatory moving up.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

pope

Re : euros '10

Post by pope » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Bruce...

I'd like to confirm they'll be double massives at the Euros next year, which will make it my 5th! Lucky to scrape in cos i do not see many on the list dropping out....However, I think many peeps will have a late chance of dropouts /wildcards, so do not despair, there will ALWAYS be some last places, even the week before.

Happy to handle the treasury side, as I have access to cheap bank transfers and can buy euros at spot rates.

It would nice to have some new cool shirts...

Cheers

Pope

dunc

Post by dunc » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 am

Shirts can be sorted....and cheaply too, through my friends company http://www.mphclothing.co.uk/

He'll do polos, t-shirts, caps, hoodies, waterproof jackets.... or whatever we want and there would be no minimum order qty

I'm happy to liase with him and sort the order out..... but need someone to come up with a design.... Jesse???
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:49 am

Make it another dinosaur - that will confuse those pesky Europeans... :wink:
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:50 am

rhatton1 wrote:Make it another dinosaur - that will confuse those pesky Europeans... :wink:
And call ourselves Team 9B. :wink:
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

Charlie Mead

Post by Charlie Mead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:24 am

I confirm that James and I will take up our places for the Euro's. It is 30 years since my first Champs and 2010 will see me celebrating 30 years of Disc Golf and Ultimate - So looking forward to an Anniversary year with Party at British Open at Beaminster followed by trips to Sweden and Belgium before the Euro's. Looking forward to it all, as long as I can drag my old, aching and injured body into the next decade!

Winter well my freinds

Charlie
Charlie Mead
charlie.mead01@gmail.com
http://www.cpsforchildren.com
http://www.mulldiscgolf.org.uk
For Tournament Discs see:
http://www.disczoo.com/

Charlie Mead

Post by Charlie Mead » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Been a bit busy with other matters and am only now realising that I have a good chance of missing most of the Euro Tour coz tournaments are Full. So, that I can plan for james and I.......

.......does anyone have any idea where the Euro Champs are? And is there an official hotel/accommodation option?

wEBSITE IS VAGUE AND MY FRANGLAIS MORE SO!!!
Charlie Mead
charlie.mead01@gmail.com
http://www.cpsforchildren.com
http://www.mulldiscgolf.org.uk
For Tournament Discs see:
http://www.disczoo.com/

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 pm

So much for the silver surfers, the front page English version tells you it's in Pas-de-Calais: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pas-de-Calais :wink:

No idea on accommodation yet though
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

TheGroover

Post by TheGroover » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:01 pm

ha ha. great website.
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

The Rizboss

Possible bid for Euro's

Post by The Rizboss » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Bruce this ones for you really, just wondering whether theres any confirmation as regards to spots on the tour.