European Championships 2010

News from the PDGA EuroTour and farther afield.
bruce

European Championships 2010

Post by bruce » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:12 am

Website is live

http://www.ec10.fr/

Initial allocation for Team 9B is 15 players, 7 Open, 8 others to be split as we like.

I do not have time to sort out who is invited yet, but I'll get to it soon, I promise...
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43 am

Does the website open up on the far right of the screen for anyone else? Most strange.

EDIT: just my works PC...
hmmmmm
Last edited by Steve on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.shropdisc.co.uk/]Disc Golf In Shropshire[/url]

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[url=http://www.pdga.org/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=8833&year=2007]PDGA # 8833[/url]
[/color]

bruce

Post by bruce » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Ok the following players are invited to represent their country in France next year, Aug 23rd-29th
I have already declined my spot, so we require a volunteer for Team Captain

Open
Jester Wilson - Confirmed
Chris O'Brien
Matt Cutler - Confirmed
Woodstock Harding
Jesse Denny
Ross Poole - Confirmed - Team Captain!
Paul Cooper

Masters
Derek Robins
Ivan Bromage
Dan Massey - Confirmed
John Massey - Confirmed
Conor Davies

Grandmasters
Charlie Mead - Confirmed

Womens
Sue Underwood

Juniors
James Luton - Confirmed

Waiting List - Players can fill a spot in any division they are eligble for, but we are limited to 7 Open at this stage
Jonathan Morris
Duncan Hartshorne
Andy Cotgreave
Simon Luard
Angus Bruce
Jonathan Burden
Matt Pike
John Bruce
Followed by the Ams in AmStat order
Last edited by bruce on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BOF

Post by BOF » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Do we have any idea by when those invited have to confirm their attendance?

Regards

BOF

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:43 am

BOF wrote:Do we have any idea by when those invited have to confirm their attendance?
We have to confirm and pay all phase 1 spots by April 30th, but we will set an internal deadline TBC but I expect maybe sometime end Jan seems reasonable.

We have to confirm a team captain by Jan 1st.

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

Consider me confirmed!

DamnMassive

Post by DamnMassive » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:11 pm

I would like to attend, depending on how long you actually need to attend the event for! if it is genuinely from 22-29 i may struggle.

I have to say the web site is not the best i've seen!

where exactly is it? where is the course details? or am i missing sommat.

damn m.

TheGroover

Post by TheGroover » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 pm

DamnMassive wrote: where exactly is it? where is the course details? or am i missing sommat.

damn m.
The site needs a lot of work! They've focussed on Social Networking and not, it seems, thought about actual Content. I am sure it will come.

The Champs in Germany ran from the Thursday thru to the Sunday (finals only on Sunday, so you could feasibly just attend Thu, Fri, Sat, but it'd be a bit miserable to miss practise rounds and the finals)
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Ok for enquiring minds I've hosted the French Bid document on the BDGA site here:
http://www.bdga.org.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=34

This is what was proposed in December, and the info in it should be treated as indicative only, they have the right to change details...

DamnMassive

Post by DamnMassive » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:42 am

thanks Bruce.

It really is that close to UK. I can't not go. (please tell kate that)

Having actually qualifyed, and checked that it does not clash with family hol plans (two weeks before) I am now confirming that i will be taking up my place.

I'd like to nominate Jester as UK team captain

Damn Massive

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 am

DamnMassive wrote:thanks Bruce.

It really is that close to UK. I can't not go. (please tell kate that)

Having actually qualifyed, and checked that it does not clash with family hol plans (two weeks before) I am now confirming that i will be taking up my place.

I'd like to nominate Jester as UK team captain

Damn Massive
Thanks, Dan, but I regretfully cannot take up the Captaincy position due to an overburden of existing commitments. I can confirm however I'm taking my place on the team.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:28 pm

I dont know if I read all of this topic correctly but I think I understand that currently I am not invited. But I would like to be.

So at this time, I am purely stating an interest. (I would F@K*!")&^ LOVE to come :P )

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 pm

The Rizboss wrote:I dont know if I read all of this topic correctly but I think I understand that currently I am not invited. But I would like to be.

So at this time, I am purely stating an interest. (I would F@K*!")&^ LOVE to come :P )

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:17 pm

bruce wrote:
The Rizboss wrote:I dont know if I read all of this topic correctly but I think I understand that currently I am not invited. But I would like to be.

so effectively 10 people would have to say no they cant or wont come and then i would be eligible?

West

Post by West » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:10 pm

The Rizboss wrote:
bruce wrote:

so effectively 10 people would have to say no they cant or wont come and then i would be eligible?
Hence why you should have played Open this year like Dunc did for purely this reason ;-)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:17 pm

West wrote:
The Rizboss wrote:
bruce wrote:

Hence why you should have played Open this year like Dunc did for purely this reason ;-)
Mind that For Dunc's strategy to pay off two of the qualifiers still need to drop out...
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 pm

West wrote:
The Rizboss wrote:
bruce wrote:

Although you would have to know in advance what the selection criteria were?

That said I am rubbish at keeping up so most likely I missed something.

Is there possibly an article required here in the magazine to explain the various competition structures which then becomes a resource on the website? Sorry if I have missed anything. I had a look in downloads but couldn't see anything that looked relevant.

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Paul Holden wrote:
Is there possibly an article required here in the magazine to explain the various competition structures which then becomes a resource on the website? Sorry if I have missed anything. I had a look in downloads but couldn't see anything that looked relevant.
Which, before Andy chips in, I volunteer to write if needed. Although I would need some help and would want it to be okayed by the committee (Westy?).

ketchup

Post by ketchup » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Count me in for this one too!!

TheGroover

Post by TheGroover » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 am

Paul Holden wrote:
Paul Holden wrote:
Which, before Andy chips in, I volunteer to write if needed. Although I would need some help and would want it to be okayed by the committee (Westy?).
:) I had my mouse button on the Quote button before reading this subsequent post!

This is a great idea!

I'm probably still a couple of weeks from printing, so there's time for getting something together for InFlight about eligibilities, qualifications, etc.
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com