PDGA European Tour 2009

News from the PDGA EuroTour and farther afield.
User avatar
rhatton1
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:13 pm

my thumber on saturday morning tombstoned into the ground the end just touching the round metal bit on the base, pipped by a girl in Jesses group whose disc touched the pole.

My sunday round thumber was resting against the pole right on top of the bag with the nearest the pin information, but no flag to mark it, We took a photo queried it with Michel (the TD) who told me yep i had won, got my little hopes all up, and then didn't get anything, gutted.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

User avatar
Del
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by Del » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Dunc wrote...
Oh and I am now a fan of roullete, had a quick game on the ferry on the way home
They do say "If you can't be good, be lucky!"
:P

Taking account of my dg winnings, and my losses in the casino, I think Dunc and I finished up by about the same amount.
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

User avatar
rhatton1
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:21 pm

I would say Dunc won easily i'm afraid.

Remember Duncs winnings from the tournament - Thanks to Jesse!

And don't forget your losses on the way out, should have gone all on black sir!

On that score though Jessy would be biggest loser

competition - 10
Roulette trip out - I don't like to think!
Although coming back to win from being down to 1 chip in the poker was fairly impressive!
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

User avatar
JesseD
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by JesseD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 am

um,,,, ah,,,, um,,, a,,, um,, ah,,,

User avatar
rhatton1
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by rhatton1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am

yeh, i'm firmly an int am player!
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by bruce » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:47 am

Dear All,

please be informed that the registration to the XIIIth French Disc-Golf Open are now open, ET PDGA B tier

http://pcpdg.fr/fdgo09.php

thanks for spreading the words within your country.

best,

Florence Dumont
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

User avatar
rhatton1
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:36 pm

link to final standings of stockholm open - http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8426

Good shooting from Chris O Brien and Jesse, Dunc gets a could do better mark in his book though :wink: If i'm reading it right evey Junior player beat him apart from the one that didn't finish.....
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by bruce » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 pm

rhatton1 wrote:link to final standings of stockholm open - http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8426

Good shooting from Chris O Brien and Jesse, Dunc gets a could do better mark in his book though :wink: If i'm reading it right evey Junior player beat him apart from the one that didn't finish.....
I dunno, judging by the round ratings no one had a lot to write home about! :)
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

User avatar
TheGroover
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Post by TheGroover » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 pm

bruce wrote:
rhatton1 wrote:link to final standings of stockholm open - http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8426

Good shooting from Chris O Brien and Jesse, Dunc gets a could do better mark in his book though :wink: If i'm reading it right evey Junior player beat him apart from the one that didn't finish.....
I dunno, judging by the round ratings no one had a lot to write home about! :)
Does that not expose a problem with the rating system? When we play amongst ourselves in the UK we seem to get inflated ratings. Then, when players head out to where the ability is generally higher, our ratings take a battering. I'm sure my 903 rating would only be worth 870 or so in a US event.
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by bruce » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:15 pm

TheGroover wrote:Does that not expose a problem with the rating system? When we play amongst ourselves in the UK we seem to get inflated ratings. Then, when players head out to where the ability is generally higher, our ratings take a battering. I'm sure my 903 rating would only be worth 870 or so in a US event.
Short answer: no... It's been disproved by the stats time and time again, but keeps on getting raised.

It doesn't show anything more than familiarity with your own courses...
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

User avatar
West
Posts: 2624
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Post by West » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 am

bruce wrote:
TheGroover wrote:Does that not expose a problem with the rating system? When we play amongst ourselves in the UK we seem to get inflated ratings. Then, when players head out to where the ability is generally higher, our ratings take a battering. I'm sure my 903 rating would only be worth 870 or so in a US event.
Short answer: no... It's been disproved by the stats time and time again, but keeps on getting raised.

It doesn't show anything more than familiarity with your own courses...
To add to this; the fact that people go and play in Europe helps to make sure the stats for us mere mortals who can't/don't travel to stay true. Don't ask me the details of how this works as I'm just repeating an answer I had given to me a few years ago :)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

dunc
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: Rugby

Post by dunc » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:12 am

For the record, i sucked!

The round ratings are definitely there or thereabouts...... to give you an idea in the third round, I four putted three times and three putted three times, that's fifteen shots lost on putting alone

The only thing the weekend said to me is that one round in the last three months isn't enough if you want to play well at a tournament

The courses and set up were fantastic by the way, would strongly recomend anyone interested to make the trip out next year, just take mosquito spray with you and don't get in no taxis!!
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

User avatar
JesseD
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by JesseD » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:03 am

yes avoid taxi! :!:
um,,,, ah,,,, um,,, a,,, um,, ah,,,

bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by bruce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:40 am

Not sure if this one was already posted, but in case not...

Dear coordinators,
Our friends from Bern are please to announce that the registration for the Bern Open is Open since or week or two...
10-11.10.2009, final event of the 2009 Eurotour

As there is still some spots, you can forward the informations to your country members, if not already done :
Registration :
http://www.discgolf database. com/Default. aspx?tid= 52
Web site : http://www.swissdis cgolf.ch/ walk/
Invitation (attached)

Kind regards
Boris Lazzarotto
PDGA country coordinator (Switzerland)
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Post Reply