29th British Open

News from the PDGA EuroTour and farther afield.
bruce

Post by bruce » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:34 pm

Tim Tom wrote:The impressive thing is i think Fernando did it all unsupervised :shock:
Ah, safety scissors, marvellous invention :wink:
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

West

Post by West » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:45 pm

bruce wrote:
Tim Tom wrote:The impressive thing is i think Fernando did it all unsupervised :shock:
Its a good job you don't have to lick stamps or envelops anymore either :wink:

Also ... is it too late to get another one through you Tim? Or will we need to go to the online store place (name escapes me at the mo)?

:)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:05 pm

West wrote:
bruce wrote:
Its a good job you don't have to lick stamps or envelops anymore either :wink:

Also ... is it too late to get another one through you Tim? Or will we need to go to the online store place (name escapes me at the mo)?

:)
I haven't got any left, i only had those that were pre-ordered sent through to me.

I do believe they've nearly all gone, but you can check with our friends at http://www.twistedflyer.com/proshop/ but be quick.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

madfrolfer

Post by madfrolfer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:58 pm

Tim Tom wrote:
bruce wrote:
Yours must have been packed by Fernando, i wasn't sure whether he had put them in, i can, would everyone who did not receive a certificate want me to complete them and send them in for you?

Tim
Senility must be setting in as you get on in your years Tim. I told you when I gave you the discs that I had not put peoples Certificates in because there is info on there that needs to be filled in by the TD.

Thanks for all the compliments on the packing guys. It was fun!! :D
Frolf it up!!!!
http://www.Discology.co.uk
http://www.TwistedFlyer.com
http://www.ESSEXDISCGOLF.CO.UK

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

madfrolfer wrote:
Tim Tom wrote:
bruce wrote:
Yours must have been packed by Fernando, i wasn't sure whether he had put them in, i can, would everyone who did not receive a certificate want me to complete them and send them in for you?

Tim
Senility must be setting in as you get on in your years Tim. I told you when I gave you the discs that I had not put peoples Certificates in because there is info on there that needs to be filled in by the TD.

Thanks for all the compliments on the packing guys. It was fun!! :D
Senility set in years ago, thats the joy of life :wink: Your unsupervised packing skills are second to none though, good job young Sir...

Tim i think...
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:12 pm

So, anyone getting twitchy yet?

I made the mistake of looking through the players list... there's all of 5 Open players with worse ratings than me... :shock: :?
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:09 pm

bruce wrote:So, anyone getting twitchy yet?

I made the mistake of looking through the players list... there's all of 5 Open players with worse ratings than me... :shock: :?
Wouldn't say i was twitchy but looking forward to looking after everyone, final preparations are under way and all is looking hunky dory :D

Lets see Bruce's rating is 952, don't worry Bruce you'll only be a couple of strokes off the average rating for the field :twisted: the average rating based upon the 32 players who have ratings is 975.9 a damn strong field and anyones guess as who will take the booty home with them, anyone care to make some predictions for the divisions?

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Del

Top 10 for British Open

Post by Del » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Tim asks for predictions on who will take home the booty. My prediction for top 10 in the Open division is Timo Pursio, Anders Sward, Linus Astrom, Christian Sandstrom, Fernando Brown, Emil Isaksson. Kai Vesa, Tommi Vesala, Ville Pippo.

Surely the big wagers should be on whether Bruce (952) can beat Burl (950) :?:

Del
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

bruce

Re: Top 10 for British Open

Post by bruce » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:19 am

Del wrote:Surely the big wagers should be on whether Bruce (952) can beat Burl (950) :?:
That and how many shots Duncan will be last place Adv Am by :lol:

dunc

Post by dunc » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:08 am

bruce wrote:
Del wrote:Surely the big wagers should be on whether Bruce (952) can beat Burl (950) :?:
That and how many shots Duncan will be last place Adv Am by :lol:

Oi, git! My cash bets on three
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:13 am

Del wrote:Tim asks for predictions on who will take home the booty. My prediction for top 10 in the Open division is Timo Pursio, Anders Sward, Linus Astrom, Christian Sandstrom, Fernando Brown, Emil Isaksson. Kai Vesa, Tommi Vesala, Ville Pippo.

Surely the big wagers should be on whether Bruce (952) can beat Burl (950) :?:

Del
I think Del has the open division quite well read, although there are a few dark horses registered as well, whatever it will be a very close fought race, just what we want.

Okay, i'll start taking wagers on the first 54 holes, will Bruce beat Burl or vice versa :lol: my moneys on Burl :wink:

So what about the Masters division, another tight field...

For me, well i've gotta root for the locals, Fernando Open, Rick Masters, Sophie Women, and i don't mind with Am as long as Essex get a clean sweep...

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:36 am

For Masters I'll go with Martin Frederiksen, he was the class act of last years Masters. Martin, Christer, Rick and Del as finalists.

Womens could be tight between Burl and Birgitta. Angelica and Lydie to round out the final.

You're probably right about the locals in Am; Paul, Ross, Michiel and Andy C to be the finalists, though Heavy T might have a say.

West

Post by West » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Any news on when / if the suposorship certs have been filled in and sent off yet? :)
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:58 pm

West wrote:Any news on when / if the suposorship certs have been filled in and sent off yet? :)
Done and dusted ages ago.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

West

Post by West » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Tim Tom wrote:
West wrote:Any news on when / if the suposorship certs have been filled in and sent off yet? :)
Done and dusted ages ago.

Tim
Cool :)
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

seamus

Post by seamus » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Do you gentlemen know of anyone in the Edinburgh area looking for a round?
twoscanlons@earthlink.net
any help would be appreciated, just trying to stay loose
looking forward to the tournament this weekend

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Emailed you

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:47 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1516

Lovely, if a little windy. 8)

http://www.metcheck.com agrees, but thinks it'll be even windier on Sunday!

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:06 am

I've unfortunately had to withdraw from the Open. Does anyone need or know anyone who needs accommodation? Two nights B&B (Friday and Saturday) in the very nice tournament hotel, the Wivenhoe House Hotel, right on the course and rooming with the BDGA National Director Bruce Webber no less. £84
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:10 am

Unofficial results and ratings are online here