29th British Open

News from the PDGA EuroTour and farther afield.
Tim

29th British Open

Post by Tim » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:54 am

The British Open website is now live and can be found at the link in my signature, i will continue to keep it updated as and when. Registration for the British Open will not happen until 10th November at 1800GMT.

I am pleased to offer UK players the opportunity to not only sponsor the Open but to grab yourselves a very special limited fundraiser disc. The offer to UK players is only valid for one week and from next Tuesday 7th November the only place to pre order these discs will be at www.twistedflyer.com/proshop/ there are only 100 discs being made with this stamp and they are Innova InnColor discs.

£20 plus £3 P&P will get yourself 1 Full Colour Star Aviar, Star Wraith or Star Teerex, along with a Full Colour Champion Aviar Mini. These discs are part of Innova's CFR Program, everyone who buys a Candy Fund Raising disc is a sponsor. You are not merely purchasers of expensive golf discs -- this difference cannot be overemphasized.

The CFR Sponsor Reward Program is special way to thank everyone who provides cash sponsorship for tournaments and fundraising events. As if getting a great CFR disc that is only available through this program wasn’t enough, now all CFR sponsors have the opportunity to receive valuable awards. Sponsors simply complete and return the enrollment form provided with each CFR disc purchased. Monthly drawings will be held and selected sponsors will receive valuable merchandise and awards. The names of monthly winners will be posted here

http://www.innovadiscs.com/cfr/rewards.html

To pre order your disc please respond to this thread or email me directly at timherring@hotmail.com payment for pre ordering these discs has to be made within 2 weeks and i will ship direct to you as soon as they land on our shores in early December.

Tim
Last edited by Tim on Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Spider

Boo-dicca

Post by Spider » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Very nice design for the Fundraiser - even more voluptuous than the Brit Open 2005 version (apparently Tim has already booked Pamela Anderson to model for the 2009 disc). But we have to be aware of the Misleading Advertising Act - by all accounts Boudicca was a strapping East Anglian lass, who allegedly looked more like Wayne Rooney in a wig, than the enhanced Scarlett Johansson shown on the disc! Pity really, as the Romans would have drowned in their own drool if our version had been leading the Iceni.
Put me down for a Scarlett Aviar please Tim.
Spider
Hammer time!
http://www.highlandpix.co.uk

Tim

Re: Boo-dicca

Post by Tim » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:21 pm

Spider wrote:Very nice design for the Fundraiser - even more voluptuous than the Brit Open 2005 version (apparently Tim has already booked Pamela Anderson to model for the 2009 disc). But we have to be aware of the Misleading Advertising Act - by all accounts Boudicca was a strapping East Anglian lass, who allegedly looked more like Wayne Rooney in a wig, than the enhanced Scarlett Johansson shown on the disc! Pity really, as the Romans would have drowned in their own drool if our version had been leading the Iceni.
Put me down for a Scarlett Aviar please Tim.
Spider
:lol:

Spider is almost right on how Boudicca was accounted for looking like, but they are only accounts :wink: we just picked on the more appealing ones, and think we may have just about got her right, after all history is always re-writing itself.

One Scarlet Aviar will be yours kind Sir and thank you for supporting the British Open.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

West

Post by West » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:52 pm

I'll take one of the Wraith Bad Boys 8)

Always up for a bit of supportingness 8)

Any chance of some quality t-shirts like from the 2005 players pack this year? Maybe even a fund raiser t-shirt of the same high quality? 8)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:16 am

West wrote:I'll take one of the Wraith Bad Boys 8)
Always up for a bit of supportingness 8)
Good man, a Wraith will be yours, thanks for supporting the British Open.
West wrote: Any chance of some quality t-shirts like from the 2005 players pack this year? Maybe even a fund raiser t-shirt of the same high quality? 8)
There will be t-shirts in the player packs, not sure whether there would be a demand for a fundraiser T though...

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

West

Post by West » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:01 am

Tim Tom wrote:
West wrote: Any chance of some quality t-shirts like from the 2005 players pack this year? Maybe even a fund raiser t-shirt of the same high quality? 8)
There will be t-shirts in the player packs, not sure whether there would be a demand for a fundraiser T though...

Tim
Am starting the demand :twisted:
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

CharlieM

T Shirt

Post by CharlieM » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:32 pm

I must get my hands on one!!!! - please make them available

Tim

Re: T Shirt

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 pm

CharlieM wrote:I must get my hands on one!!!! - please make them available
I hope this is referring to the T instead of Boudicca herself... :wink:

So we have 2 in the camp for Boudicca T's, any more takers or are these going to be very very exclusive...

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:55 am

I'll take a T-Rex please Tim my good man. :)

Can I do an online bank transfer?
[url=http://www.shropdisc.co.uk/]Disc Golf In Shropshire[/url]

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[url=http://www.pdga.org/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=8833&year=2007]PDGA # 8833[/url]
[/color]

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:09 am

Steve wrote:I'll take a T-Rex please Tim my good man. :)

One Teerex is yours Sir, thanks for supporting the British Open.

Check your PM

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

West

Post by West » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:26 am

Tim Tom wrote:

Check your PM

Tim
Can i check mine too at some point today so i can pay you? :twisted:
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:44 am

West wrote:
Tim Tom wrote:

Check your PM

Tim
Can i check mine too at some point today so i can pay you? :twisted:
You should already have a PM... shout if you haven't.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

West

Post by West » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:25 am

Thats a ten-4 ...

*set reminder in calendar to pay the man at lunch time*

8)
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Fundraiser thankyou

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:39 am

Dear all,

I would like to thank all those kind collectors and sponsors of the British Open who have pre-ordered their InnColor fundraiser discs, your discs are secure and as soon as they land on our shores they will be dispatched to you immediately 8)

For those players that missed the boat and would still like to support the British Open, fundraiser discs can be pre-ordered from our friends at
http://www.twistedflyer.com/proshop/

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Registration is Live

Post by Tim » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:51 pm

The registration for the 29th British Open is now live on the website, to reach it swiftly please follow the link, we look forward to seeing you in March :D

http://www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk/reg.htm

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:51 pm

done!

:D
[url=http://www.shropdisc.co.uk/]Disc Golf In Shropshire[/url]

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[url=http://www.pdga.org/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=8833&year=2007]PDGA # 8833[/url]
[/color]

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:25 pm

Dear all,

The British Open registration has been open since last Friday and we now have 61 players registered and 11 nations competing, there is only 1 spot free at present. There are 15 spots available for UK based Open players and 13 spots for EuroTour players, these spots will be reserved until December 31st 2006 then they will be open to anyone on a first pay, first play basis.

To assist me in organising the Open it would be nice if the UK spots are taken sooner rather than later and if you wish to stay at the Wivenhoe House Hotel i only have 2 twin rooms and 8 double rooms available at the reduced rate, you can still stay at the Hotel but you will have to book direct and pay the full price, as i have already been billed for the rooms i have booked if they are not paid for by the end of December i will have to relinquish them back to the Hotel as it is not viable for me to hold onto and pay for them in the hopes that they will be taken, as you are all aware the Hotel is not the cheapest available, but it is the most convenient at this time of year.

Anyway it would be nice to see some more UK names on the Open list so please consider whether you can make it out for THE disc golf event in the BDGA calendar, for all information on the Open please go to:

http://www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk/bopen.htm

Regards

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:39 am

Just to let you all know that the Innova InnColor discs are flying across the pond to us as we speak and i hope to receive them over the next week or so, so all of you who have purchased one will be receiving a nice little extra christmas present :D

If you missed the boat on the fundraisers, they can now be purchased at our good friends http://www.twistedflyer.com/proshop/ where you will also find some SuperColor and ColorMax Discraft discs for your hucking pleasure, enjoy.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

West

Post by West » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:50 am

Tim Tom wrote:Just to let you all know that the Innova InnColor discs are flying across the pond to us as we speak and i hope to receive them over the next week or so, so all of you who have purchased one will be receiving a nice little extra christmas present :D
Sweeet! I love buying presents for myself :wink:
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am

The lovely InnColor CFR discs have landed and are ready to ship to everyone :D most will go out today and the rest will be shipped first thing Monday morning.

Thanks for everyone who bought one and supported the 2007 British Open.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk