Eurotour 2016

News from the PDGA EuroTour and farther afield.
BOF

Re: Eurotour 2016

Post by BOF » Sat May 21, 2016 12:36 pm

No entry into Foxlake during business hours
Can you clarify, please, Seamus?

Does that mean no using their toilets or spending money at their cafe (a lot of tea, coffee and cake was purchased fom them!) and sitting at their tables?

Or have I misunderstood your request?

Many thanks

Conor
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

seamus

Post by seamus » Sat May 21, 2016 3:01 pm

No entry into the water, cheers
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

BOF

Post by BOF » Sat May 21, 2016 3:17 pm

aaah. The lake itself.
Understood now.
Thanks

Conor
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue May 24, 2016 1:24 pm

seamus wrote:I heard the grumblings at the event about the baskets and I'd like to say I can understand that it must have been frustrating playing with professional baskets that demand a good putt. There are some baskets on the market that catch everything thrown at them, these type baskets are good for Intermediate and recreational play. Just like a long booming hole benefits someone who can throw great distances or a narrow winding fairway benefits a finesse player these baskets have a smaller sweet spot and demand a better putt. Blaming the basket is a very easy thing to do and I would challenge you to learn to make the putt instead.
I heard similar grumblings about the Prodigy baskets at previous events, I may have even had a grumble myself the first time I played on them, but I knew what to expect at The Battle and was very happy with the course equipment. After having played in 4 events at Dunbar I can't say I find them being that different to others baskets we play on in the UK, except perhaps that the X chain construction has the effect of making the chains 'heavier' and thus an uncommitted putt is more like to be rejected.

There is one thing though I'm not so keen on with the Prodigy baskets: the colour. I imagine they chose blue for the band colour to be different from yellow-banded baskets already on the market, but I find this blends into the background and reduces visibility of the target. When you know the course well it's not an issue, but for the non-frequent players it's a concern when you get off the fairway (esp in the woods) and can't easily pick out the basket between the trees.

I doubt you'll be thinking of painting the bands yellow any time soon, but perhaps for tournaments basket visibility could be increased with a yellow flag on each?
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

BOF

Post by BOF » Wed May 25, 2016 10:57 am

I second the previous poster's comments about the visibility of the blue band - particularity in bluebell woods!

From the tee they can be identified and pointed out to you, but once off the fairway they are difficult to identify in the dappled shade.

( I know, Seamus, your advice would be to stay on the fairway!)

BOF

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

seamus

Post by seamus » Thu May 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Some quick stats and a little analysis of the course and scores, what say you?
http://www.rebootdiscgolf.com/reboot-bl ... bell-woods
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 pm

I confess I'm really surprised by hole 1. I was inside 12m every round, 3, 3, 2, and better putters than I was that weekend could easily have gone 2, 2, 2. It felt a fair challenge, and a risk worth the reward of attempting to me
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824