MODS #12 - Cold Ashby again! Season closer and awards meal

Does what it says on the tin
rhatton1

MODS #12 - Cold Ashby again! Season closer and awards meal

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 am

This will be the final MODS of the 2016 season with an awards dinner at Cold Ashby bar and restaurant afterwards. This will be a British Tour Championship Qualifier for the 2017 season.

You may have been wondering what had happened to Cold Ashby after all looked set for a course in June.

Just as we were about to launch a number of changes occurred at the club meaning a redesign of the course in another area of the grounds was required.

We have been working on this for the last few months and have a new 18 hole layout playing around the 24th - 27th holes of the Elkington course and utilising some more land right at the top of the hill unrelated to golf. It will incorporate some of the original holes, but the rest will be new, using more woodland than before.

We will be running the event as the course opener (unless something else comes along to throw another spanner in the works!)

Course will be set up and playable over the bank holiday weekend.

Revised course map, still likely to be some tweaks on some of the holes around the top of the hill once routes are cut https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kEvDe ... sp=sharing Par 57 layout, 5 of the original holes are incorporated the rest are new. Edit* Making the changes to 10 and 11 to make two par 4's taking it up to a par 59 course.

Hole 7 is a great par 3, playing through widely spaced trees laid out in rows under a reasonable canopy it opens up a world of different but fair lines to the basket. Holes 3, 15 and 16 are all very different in character to the original Cold Ashby layout offering a more technical challenge than the previous version. There is limited OB on the course and a couple of mandos that are there not to be missed but to stop you playing out into the open.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

rhatton1

Re: MODS #12 - Cold Ashby again! Season closer and awards meal

Post by rhatton1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:43 am

www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

BOF

Post by BOF » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Anyone know what time players' meeting and tee-off times are, please?

Thanks.

BOF

Big Happy New Year
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

Mark.A.D

Post by Mark.A.D » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:02 am

Not sure if you'll read this by then but players meeting 8:45
Hyzer Cup Champions 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13
BDGA #357
PDGA #45315

Mark.A.D

Post by Mark.A.D » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:46 pm

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/30883

Final results, thanks everyone for coming
Hyzer Cup Champions 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13
BDGA #357
PDGA #45315

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 am

So, there it is, the end of the first season!

It's been a helluva ride... can I have a year off ;)

I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone that has played this year from start to finish. Your support has been incredible and I have had so much fun at each and every tournament because of the people involved. Every new course we have played at has been impressed by the attitude of the players (again mentioned by David at Cold Ashby yesterday) Every round has been memorable because of the people involved.

A huge thank you goes out to everyone that has helped. So many of you I've not thanked personally but your help in getting the baskets/tees and everything else back in and out from Nottingham Coventry, Cold Ashby, Shrewsbury and Redditch was invaluable.

A huge amount of work was put in by the Nottingham, Shrewsbury, Manchester and Bedworth crews getting the courses up and running, and as always thanks to Derek Robins for giving us Quarry Park and showing me what a great course should look and play like.

A special mention to everyone that got the course back in at Markeaton Park, I got very ill that night and I'm not sure I would have made it home without that huge effort from you guys!

A special thanks must go out to those that have helped along the way. Firstly the TD's that ran events, Neal Pickett, Andrew Douse , Nick George / Steven Broster The Manchester collective, Christian Cooper Paul Claridge

All of you that lent baskets back at Nottingham and offered them up again whenever required before the MVP Black Holes arrived (and some since, thanks Adam Willetts !)

Then those that have helped me designing courses and chopping down so many innocent trees and branches, Jon Tweed Andrew Douse (invaluable at Coventry, I had wandered around for the best part of an hour panicking I wouldn't find a single hole let alone 18 till he arrived!) Greig Underwood Mark Alan Davis Sian LeeGary O'Malley Ken Thompson Graham Proctor and everyone else I've probably forgotten.

Greig Underwood Andrew Malcolm Andrew Douse and Mark Alan Davis who all, at every event have done so much, always the first to arrive and the last to leave

Andrew Douse for his excellent design work from every map to the design of the logo and Andrew Malcolm for getting all of this printed for us.

Beth Wyatt for putting up with me and supporting me.

And lastly thanks to our sponsors who have made this all possible Prodiscus Kai Vesa MVP Chad Richardson Prodigy Europe and Disc Golf UK

We will be installing more new courses this year as a result of all of your support for the tour and I hope you'll all come and join us again in 2017!

Final Standings:
Open
1st James Luton 187
2nd Mark Alan Davis 120
3rd Chris Malatesta 73

Adv. Am
1st Adam Willetts 171
2nd Ben Bicknell 134
3rd Sam Thomas 124

Int. Am
1st Chris Phillips 213
2nd Ken Thompson 206
3rd Iain McNidder 158

FPO
1st Sue Underwood 154
2nd Sian Lee 131
3rd Jennie Lewis 15

Juniors
1st Erin Pettitt 50

End of Season Awards:
Spirit of the Game and longest drive (most miles driven) Scott Rickard (honorable mention for Sue Underwood for Spirit and Adam Willetts and Paul Holden for Longest Drive)
Most Eager (played at all 12 events) Adam Willetts
Most improved Andrew Malcolm
Best Round to rating Andy Stanley
Worst Round to rating Paul Holden (a man I always admired for his steady golf!!)

And Umm, did anyone see who won the CTP on hole 12 with an 185 meter drive? I heard he's one helluva guy.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com