MODS #4 - Coventry - April 9th

Post by andrewdouse » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:36 am

For more info please keep an eye on the Mods website at
http://www.discgolfuk.com/midlands-one-day-series
BDGA# 373 PDGA# 51346

Scuttler

Re: MODS #4 - Coventry - April 9th

Post by Scuttler » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Loving the artwork, gone from Mod to Ska, which is entirely appropriate since it's Coventry ....

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:34 pm

MODS # 4 Coventry open for registration. http://www.discgolfuk.com/midlands-one-day-series

This is on and around a pitch and putt course in a lovely park in central Coventry. This is another venue with a good chance of a course being installed on the back of this event.

I have to admit after the first half an hour of wandering around the course a few weeks ago I was wondering if we would find one hole let alone 18. Then Andrew Douse turned up to help me and a couple of trips and much poring over of maps later we have a fantastic par 60 layout. I think this will be a really fun and challenging course to play, with elevation, deep contours, bunkers a stream and some lovely clumps of mature trees to play through. Very proud of this design, after the richness of potential holes at Cold Ashby designing this one was a very different process but I am delighted with the final result. Should really challenge on the risk reward front, if you bite off more than you can chew you will get punished on a number of holes.

We will be playing again to MVP black holes and the one Targetti. Ground is very firm nearly throughout - couple of muddy spots - There are some astro and some rubber tees on the course, it will be possible to play off the side of the rubber if required.

There are toilets and a cafe on site - food will not be organised this time so make sure to bring your own. Lunch time event will be an approaching game, there will be a ground target at 50 meters and two flags between you and the target, you need to throw one straight shot one round the right of the flags and one round the left and land in the target. highest points win. Get practising!

Prelim course map from google maps - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing Andrew is working his magic as usual to put this into a proper map and we will try to marry up course notes and tee signs better this time!

We look forward to seeing you on the 9th April for MODS # 4!
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Up to 33 players, still plenty of time to sign up - we will be running a recreational division as well as intermediate.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:58 pm

www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:36 am

Well done on getting the coverage, Rich. great to see the MODS tour getting traction. How's it going?
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 am

Fantastically well thank you.

40 players at QP, 39 at Cold Ashby, looking like 40+ for Coventry and an ongoing legacy from the tour (course installations as a result of events + overall awareness)

Huge amount of work involved in each one and blessed to have so much help from Gary, Sian, Andrew Douse, Andrew Malcolm, Greig Underwood, Mark Davis, Adam Storr, Pickett and everyone else to make it happen so far, we've got another 8 events to go and hoping to go bigger and better for each. The plan is to have 18 astro tees alongside the MVP baskets for the temporary courses although this might be next years aim as I will need a trailer as well, but looking to try and improve each event from previous experiences and take it to as professional and fun to play tour as we can.

Hopefully, if the kids will stop being ill and making me ill, (8 weeks of the worst run of flu, chest infections and childhood infections imaginable, across the first three events!) I will have a bit more time to get the other stuff up and running (media etc) working on a few bits here, just a case of trying to find the time (supposed to be on a wedding anniversary day with Beth, but am here typing away :) She's a keeper.)

Would be good to see a few of you up here from London town - I hope to run another event later this year at Cold Ashby as it is such an incredible venue, I'll try to advertise early if I do.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Some exciting media developments in the works - would love to get as many out there as possible to showcase the sport to a large audience, if you''re umming and ahhing, now's the time to say yes and sign up :D
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:08 am

Radio interview tomorow. Listen live about 12.50 on BBC coventry and Warwickshire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03nmspl

More in the works, details as they are confirmed.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:11 am

Great work, mate, keep it up. Thanks for the invite to attend a MODS event, hopefully will be able to fit that in sometime. Can't manage to make my own local Regional Tour events at the moment. :?
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Lovely big shield to get your name on!

http://imgur.com/a/SdanF
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

SueU

Post by SueU » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Another good turn out at MODS day and great event from Rich, Andrew and Mark and all the other people who helped out. A lot of effort to put the course out in the morning and take down at the end of the day (when the weather wasn't great!) - sorry couldn't stay to help out this time. Course had good range of holes - well designed in the space available making good use of trees and steam to shape fairways.
Know one day events work really well for quite a few people who can't commit to a whole weekend so the efforts of Rich and others across the country in setting up regional one day tours is really appreciated.
Didn't make a note of all the results but James won the open, Adam W - Ad ams, Chris ? - Int Ams, sorry can't remember Recreational, range of spot prizes and Dan B won the approach competation at lunctime.
Thanks for a great day Rich :D

Mark.A.D

Post by Mark.A.D » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Hyzer Cup Champions 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13
BDGA #357
PDGA #45315

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:33 am

Standings can be found here - http://www.discgolfuk.com/mods-schedule-and-standings

Thanks to everyone involved. Apart from the dog owners with no respect for other park users. They can go ......... ;)

We once again embarrassed ourselves in the approaching comp - Note to all players - practice your 50 meter upshots!! Only Mavis and Dan Brown managed to get more than one disc in I think tieing the score on 20 and Dan winning on the Tie break.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com