Chains4Charity3

Does what it says on the tin
seamus

Chains4Charity3

Post by seamus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:49 am

This winter we will be hosting a beginner/family friendly series of charity events with an emphasis on supporting the local food bank. As a group we are a movement, disc golfers have common ideals and goals, its important that we let others know that together we can have a beneficial impact not only on the land we occupy but on the community as well.
I would like to challenge all the clubs to host one event this winter for charity. Feel free to use the Chains4Charity title to fortify your agenda with the local charity you choose to support. Food banks are the easiest route to take and they will support your efforts in return. The icebowl format in the US has proven this for the last 38 years.
http://www.pdga.com/history-ice-bowl
If you decide to run a charity event for the food bank we will add your event to our series calendar as well as to our series ending donation sum, which will be very impressive if we host 4/5 of these type events. Invite a few friends/family, bundle up, loan out some discs and play a round of disc golf for a cause, simple.

http://www.rebootdiscgolf.com/chains4charity3.html

I have a page made up on Facebook I'd be happy to add anyone as page manager that will be hosting an event. Call anytime, rebootdiscgolf@gmail.com - +44 7572 127020
Cheers
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

LostMeow

Re: Chains4Charity3

Post by LostMeow » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 am

Looks like a nice idea. How are you funding the free Latitude Pures given away if people bring £5 and 2 tins? Sounds like you'd lose the money you were gaining for charity?
Tom
ND

seamus

Post by seamus » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:45 am

Thanks Tom, I hope this idea sparks more charity type events in the UK.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

duffaSteve

Post by duffaSteve » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Raising this with the Manchester Disc Golf Committee. I'd like to do an event.

seamus

Post by seamus » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:08 am

Good luck Steve! don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com