2006 Tour Standards

Does what it says on the tin!
Tim

2006 Tour Standards

Post by Tim » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:22 am

So folks what are the tour standards this year, i know that the player fees have gone up to £1.50 per player, are there any other changes?

Can we offer cash to Open players?
Do we have to offer "Spirit of the Game"?
Do we have to offer free bdga membership to the highest ranked non member and if so what membership do they receive? Recreational or touring?
Who do we submit results and accounts to? As our tour will be rated by the PDGA do we have to submit to them also?

Questions questions, if anyone can think of any more please add away.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Nige

Post by Nige » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:50 am

The event at Kingsland this year is being held on the grounds of a school, and we're there by permission. One of the few conditions we're had imposed on us is no smoking on the grounds (which basically covers the whole course). No drinking/drugs is a gimme.

As such, we'll be running a completely no smoking/alcohol on the course :shock: There will be an area behind the pavillion where the smokers can skulk between rounds, but the no alcohol rule will apply at all times.

I know some players enjoy imbibing and inhaling during a round, but by doing so they potentially risk the future of the event. If we upset the school, there will be no Kingsland 2007, and quite possibly the local players will be banned from playing the course after the event.

Obviously, that's something we don't want to risk!

Most of the course is visible to the public, so showing ourselves to be athletes in our prime and demonstrating mastery of disc golf can only be a good thing :D

Hmm, so our no booze/smokes rule isn't a question, but should it be? To take the sport out of the niche group currently enjoying it in this country and putting it out to the masses more, shouldn't we be responsible and create an environment in which anyone feels comfortable playing?

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:43 am

So no ciggies when things go wrong, damn that's going to be hard, when i've shanked my drive messed up my approach and missed my putt, a ciggie goes down nicely...

Have you thought about sponsorship from Nicorette :lol:

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:26 am

Nige wrote:Hmm, so our no booze/smokes rule isn't a question, but should it be? To take the sport out of the niche group currently enjoying it in this country and putting it out to the masses more, shouldn't we be responsible and create an environment in which anyone feels comfortable playing?
PDGA rules specify no drinking/drugs during play, which is defined as between the 2 minute warning and handing in your scorecard. Regular smoking is permitted, but the smoker should seek the permission of the group before sparking up. Local rules can be applied by the TD at the players meeting.

Either way, I'm glad I'm quitting :D

Tim, I'm seeking an answer to your questions, will get back to you...

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:45 pm

Bruce wrote:Tim, I'm seeking an answer to your questions, will get back to you...
Cool, one other question, was there any agreement on 2 am divisions or are we sticking with the 2 main divisions(Open & Am) for powerstats? Can't remember whether that was just floating about as a discussion point or as something which will be implemented.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:21 pm

Tim Tom wrote:
Bruce wrote:Tim, I'm seeking an answer to your questions, will get back to you...
Cool, one other question, was there any agreement on 2 am divisions or are we sticking with the 2 main divisions(Open & Am) for powerstats? Can't remember whether that was just floating about as a discussion point or as something which will be implemented.

Tim
We definitely aren't running two Am divisions in 2006. Without committing the board to anything, I'd say the aim would be two have that in for 2007 season, when we have a useful set of ratings to work with, but we'll see...

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:26 pm

Bruce wrote:
Tim Tom wrote:

Tim
We definitely aren't running two Am divisions in 2006. Without committing the board to anything, I'd say the aim would be two have that in for 2007 season, when we have a useful set of ratings to work with, but we'll see...
Cool, that's what i thought, so that's one question down :D

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Re: 2006 Tour Standards

Post by bruce » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:42 pm

Ok, again without committing to anything, here's what I think the answers are:
Tim Tom wrote:Can we offer cash to Open players?
Yes, if you want
Maybe. If it isn't actually mandatory, it's certainly strongly recommended.
Do we have to offer free bdga membership to the highest ranked non member and if so what membership do they receive? Recreational or touring?
Yes. Recreational, but they should be offered the chance to 'top-up' to Touring for £6
Who do we submit results and accounts to? As our tour will be rated by the PDGA do we have to submit to them also?
Jester is sorting out the exact chain of events, but TDs will submit to a BDGA representative, who will deal with getting the results verified and sent on to the PDGA

Tim

Re: 2006 Tour Standards

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Bruce wrote:Ok, again without committing to anything, here's what I think the answers are:
Tim Tom wrote:Can we offer cash to Open players?
Yes, if you want
Yes. Recreational, but they should be offered the chance to 'top-up' to Touring for £6
Jester is sorting out the exact chain of events, but TDs will submit to a BDGA representative, who will deal with getting the results verified and sent on to the PDGA
Thanks Bruce, now i have to work out whether open players would prefer cash to prizes?

Tim TD of the cheapest tour event this year...
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

madfrolfer

Post by madfrolfer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:10 pm

Quote:

I may be mistaken, but I thought at one point the year before last the Board had made Spirit of the Game a mandatory prize.

You should be able to look that up in the black notebook I gave you. I believe it was discussed at a meeting of just board members in Milton Keynes.

Again, though I may be wrong.
Frolf it up!!!!
http://www.Discology.co.uk
http://www.TwistedFlyer.com
http://www.ESSEXDISCGOLF.CO.UK

madfrolfer

Post by madfrolfer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:17 pm

Actually this here is from the 2004 BDGA Tour Guide:

"3.4 Prize Giving
It is required to award a prize to the tournament winner, the Am division winner and the Spirit of the Game winner."

So unless anything has been done to change that, I would assume that Spirit of the Game is still a required prize.
Frolf it up!!!!
http://www.Discology.co.uk
http://www.TwistedFlyer.com
http://www.ESSEXDISCGOLF.CO.UK

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:44 pm

madfrolfer wrote:Actually this here is from the 2004 BDGA Tour Guide:

"3.4 Prize Giving
It is required to award a prize to the tournament winner, the Am division winner and the Spirit of the Game winner."

So unless anything has been done to change that, I would assume that Spirit of the Game is still a required prize.
Cheers, I've changed computers, and couldn't find a copy... That'll be the answer then!