should 17-32 be matchplay too?

yes
89%
no
11%

Total votes: 9

ketchup

Post by ketchup » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 pm

ah, isnt that sweet, a few more comments like that, and you are gonna give us all diabetes Mr Murphy :P

West

Post by West » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 pm

The Rizboss wrote:thats fair enough, it certainly wasnt a dig at Dan, just want everyone to continue being happy. I cant wait until I have the oppotunity to TD
Well get some courses in up north and bid for an event 8)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

The Rizboss

British Nationals '09 Brought to life

Post by The Rizboss » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:27 pm

CatchTheSpirit proudly presents the British Nationals 2009 video featuring as many players as Chris could get the lense on. It's a shame we couldnt get the final with Matt and Jester and some other show downs but I did the best I could with what I had. Hope you all enjoy. (the link is below)

http://www.catchthespirit.co.uk/gallery ... onals-2009

Jester

Re: British Nationals '09 Brought to life

Post by Jester » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:40 pm

The Rizboss wrote:CatchTheSpirit proudly presents the British Nationals 2009 video featuring as many players as Chris could get the lense on. It's a shame we couldnt get the final with Matt and Jester and some other show downs but I did the best I could with what I had. Hope you all enjoy. (the link is below)

Nice vid again, guys. What's the background music in the first half please?
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:50 pm

The Rizboss wrote:CatchTheSpirit proudly presents the British Nationals 2009 video featuring as many players as Chris could get the lense on. It's a shame we couldnt get the final with Matt and Jester and some other show downs but I did the best I could with what I had. Hope you all enjoy. (the link is below)

Excellent as always :)
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Jester wrote:

Nice vid again, guys. What's the background music in the first half please?
Musical Artist - Native American Chants and Dances
Song Name - Wishes of Happiness & Prosperity
Album - Sacred Spirit
Genre - World
Rizboss Rating - 10/10

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Great work, as always. Loving the MTA!

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:35 pm

ssouth wrote:

I enjoyed all the people i played a round with thank you-
Hope the Holdens are all ok!!

Well Done
Thanks Spohie. We all have stinking colds but otherwise fine :)

Gutted to miss Sunday. I was loving the course. Glad you enjoyed it as well and I'll add my thanks to Matt. Pretty good for a first time at the venue.

2020mad

Post by 2020mad » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Picked my best improved award up from Derek yesterday. :)
After picking up a bad injury early on this years tour and being a bit dissapointed with my results, Getting my first ever Ace at the cyclone event then winning this award was amazing.

Gutted i could not make the national event to collect my award, sometimes finaces and more recently christnings get in the way of touring more events, but would just like to say thanks to Bruce and the rest of the BDGA commitee for putting in a lot of there time to sort the tours, forum, events, newsletters, scoring and results etc you do a great job.

And finally all the players i have met on the tour over the last few years and making me feel so welcome into the sport.

Martin

Charlie Mead

Post by Charlie Mead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Have mailed my feedback on Nationals to all who were on the mailing list as asked by Matt - ie those who were there.

But have another question just to clarify scoring/positions etc. What are the rules for determining places/playing order for players who DNF at Nationals. Think it is just worth clarifying. In normal events any DNF puts you last (approx) but assume in matchplay you do hold your position in whichever half/quadrant/pair you end playing in?

But what if a player DNF's after one round? Wont the player who lost to them in Round 1 have some case for re-instatement in top 8? What is the status of a bye in that case?

Sure there is a denitive answer out there somewhere.
Charlie Mead
charlie.mead01@gmail.com
http://www.cpsforchildren.com
http://www.mulldiscgolf.org.uk
For Tournament Discs see:
http://www.disczoo.com/

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Charlie Mead wrote:What are the rules for determining places/playing order for players who DNF at Nationals. Think it is just worth clarifying. In normal events any DNF puts you last (approx) but assume in matchplay you do hold your position in whichever half/quadrant/pair you end playing in?

But what if a player DNF's after one round? Wont the player who lost to them in Round 1 have some case for re-instatement in top 8? What is the status of a bye in that case?

Sure there is a denitive answer out there somewhere.
IMHO, if a player DNFs during a Match Play round, s/he forfeits the result and the opponent advances. However if s/he forfeits after the match is over, the result stands irrespective of the DNFing player being the winner of loser of the match.

To make it as easy as possible on the TD, it is stated on the Nationals invitation that (unlike a Tour event) players signing up must commit to playing both days. Pulling out must only be in unforeseen circumstances e.g. injury.

I don't think this has ever happened, but if both the above rules were applied conceivably a player DNFing mid-way through the Saturday afternoon round could recover overnight to continue playing on Sunday.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Over bandwidth apparently :( Is it/could it be hosted somewhere else?

Jon

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Jon wrote:

Jon
sorry matey, sorting it out as we speak. its just a 1G bandwidth allowance on the site because its a free account. youtube didnt like my copyrighting ways using all the various music. but we'll be using a private server from now on

West

Post by West » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:13 pm

The Rizboss wrote:
Jon wrote:

Jon
sorry matey, sorting it out as we speak. its just a 1G bandwidth allowance on the site because its a free account. youtube didnt like my copyrighting ways using all the various music. but we'll be using a private server from now on
Any joy yet?
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:57 am

West wrote:
The Rizboss wrote:
Jon wrote: Over bandwidth apparently :( Is it/could it be hosted somewhere else?

Jon
Any joy yet?
the guy hasnt got back to me yet, i just need somewhere else to host them :(

Mr.Scary

Re: BDGA Nationals 2009 - Bristol Invite

Post by Mr.Scary » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 am

Okay, I wasn't gonna bump this but there is a Poll here with results on what to do with Seeds 17-32 so let's see...

Jester defeats Cutler, 2009, got it.
"By far, the most important part of any shot is what is happening in the last split second as the disc is pulling itself from your grip. Focus there. It's the key."

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."