BDGA/PDGA membership post-2016 and old 5-YEAR DEAL

Does what it says on the tin!
BOF

BDGA/PDGA membership post-2016 and old 5-YEAR DEAL

Post by BOF » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Having enjoyed the 5-year BDGA/PDGA package for membership, how do I renew either/both of these, please?

I am keen to play at Cold Ashby on 2nd Jan 2017 but will have no BDGA membership at that time if I can't renew before then (expires 31/12/16 according to the recently-posted and very timely BGDA membership look-up table!). Hence I will not be eligible for any of the precious, new BDGA Tour points unless I can renew in the next two weeks.

Please can someone advise me on what to do?

As for PDGA membership - do we just manage that ourselves as individuals if we wish to? I assume there is no penalty to NOT being a PDGA member with respect to the new BDGA Tour and its associated events/championships etc?

Thanks in advance.

BOF

Big Christmas

EDIT: Just checked the PDGA website and my membership there is set to run until 31st Dec 2017. Shouldn't my BDGA membership also expire then if I paid for the 5-year package previously, rather than expiring this year? Can anyone recall the details of the deal we were offered many moons ago? Bruce, maybe?
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

LostMeow

Re: BDGA/PDGA membership post-2016 and old 5-YEAR DEAL

Post by LostMeow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi BOF,

don't worry, we're aware people will need memberships! We're just finalising the new membership form for the new website.

PDGA membership is now up to individuals. It does not affect ability to play in BDGA events.
Tom
ND

bruce

Post by bruce » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:54 pm

LostMeow wrote:Hi BOF,

don't worry, we're aware people will need memberships! We're just finalising the new membership form for the new website.

PDGA membership is now up to individuals. It does not affect ability to play in BDGA events.
BOF had a point, I also have an extended membership paid for up front with the BDGA, and at a higher rate than will be in place ongoing. I'm not interested in a refund but I am not keen to pay again!
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:27 am

bruce wrote:BOF had a point, I also have an extended membership paid for up front with the BDGA, and at a higher rate than will be in place ongoing. I'm not interested in a refund but I am not keen to pay again!
Hmmm, bit confused by that - as far as I can tell you've been renewing yearly since 2014. There are a couple of people (Ross Davies and Jonnie Burden) who paid for 5-year memberships recently, and they will continue to be Full members. I'm afraid one of the risks of buying extended membership deals is that prices may fall (whilst being protected against price rises...if that's ever possible for the BDGA...) - hopefully they don't feel too out of pocket.
Tom
ND

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:44 am

PM'd
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

BOF

Post by BOF » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Bruce,
was my memory correct about the 5-year deal offered in the past?
Are you in communcication with LostMeow about it?
Thanks
BOF

Big Member (oo-err missus)
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:46 pm

It was offered in the past, yes.
Tom
ND

BOF

Post by BOF » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:08 am

Don't recall paying anyone annually for last few years, since I believed that I had purchased a 5-year BDGA/PDGA membership back in 2014.
So, I'm still not sure whether I do or don't need to buy BDGA 2017. I'm definitely PDGA for 2017, having checked their website. Alas, ica 'tchecksimilarly for BDGA membership.
Can anyone advise further, please?
BOF

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

Del

Post by Del » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:14 pm

See then Announcements section as this has the link to a spreadsheet to see who is paid up and until when. It also has a link to the page where you join up. It appears, Conor, that your BDGA membership expires at the end of 2016.
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf