2017 Tour Schedule - registered events

Does what it says on the tin!
Jester

Re: 2017 Tour Schedule - registered events

Post by Jester » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 am

Phil, I think someone mentioned it previously, a public Google spead sheet calendar would surely be very useful here? It could show all events, both those that are BDGA sanctioned and those that TDs are proposing to hold providing a central point of reference for all TDs, players, sponsors, media etc.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Used this for MODS last year, worked well for planning - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:26 pm

www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Add hyperlinks to the event name taking you to the relevant website or sign up sheet, have colour keyed the tours so people can pick them out more easily and separated to majors, 2 day and 1 day events. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Appreciate the effort Rich but I think this should be centrally managed, linked to Barney's other calendar, etc
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Phil Wood

Post by Phil Wood » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 am

For TDs of BDGA tournament:

Before the tournament is advertised:
Apply to Phil Wood with the dates and details of your tournament, so he can make sure it doesn’t clash with anything nearby.

In your registration process:
Please make it clear that non-BDGA members will pay £1 more per day. If you could encourage players to consider signing up by including a link to http://www.bdga.org.uk/join that would be appreciated.
http://bit.ly/BDGA-MEMBERSHIPS can be consulted to see who the BDGA members are, bearing in mind that the list may not be totally up to date.

Post-tournament:
The BDGA will collect £10 per day sanctioning fee along with £1 per player per day for non-BDGA members.

Full tour guidance is being created and will be made available as soon as possible.

SueU

Post by SueU » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi
Please would it be possible to have a note next to each Tournament showing where the information for the event can be found e.g. BDGA Forum, BDGA Facebook page, Club website, ....etc.
It's great having the registration forms on the Tour page on the website but if there is no registration form or link on this page it's not clear where to go for information
Thank you :D

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:04 am

Hi Sue,

there's a limit to how much info can be included on that Tour page for each event, but I am trying to add the registration/website info as and when I have it. For many events there isn't anything more than a placeholder for the moment!
Tom
ND

SueU

Post by SueU » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks Tom
Appreciate is limited space on the tour page in the website - having a registration link is great
I wss thinking more about adding the extra info to this forum thread as part on the list of registered events on page one. Only a suggestion - know dependent on TDs to provide information about their events