new uni map FINAL 9.jpg
new uni map FINAL 9.jpg (189.63 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
full 18 2014.jpg
full 18 2014.jpg (128.23 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
Here is the invite for the 2016 Essex open all details inclosed
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_dQ5cr ... =send_form

Here is a link to the FaceBook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/129725873813328/

Hole 1) Mando tree - you must pass to the left of it or re-tee, OB on or over either path.
Hole 2) Double mando trees, you must pass between them or re-tee, OB on or over the road behind the basket.
Hole 3) JT, OB in the lake and on or over the road.
Hole 4) OB in the lake (there is no island).
Hole 5) JT, OB in the lake - play from the DZ if you land OB.
Hole 6) OB in the lake - play from the DZ if you land OB.
Hole 7) SPOTTER, JT, OB over the fence to the right of the fairway or over the fence behind the basket.
Hole 8) JT, OB anything on or over the path behind the basket (no OB line extending from the tee any more)
Hole 9) JT, no OB.
Hole 10) no OB
Hole 11) OB over the nursery fence, The monument is not OB and has no relief.
Hole 12) OB on or over the path behind the basket.
Hole 13) OB in road at the bottom of the hill
Hole 14) JT, OB both roads and over the road to the right, OB the bus shelter - if you hit it play from were it lies with a 1 shot penalty, if you land in it play from the DZ.
Hole 15) SPOTTER, OB on or over the path on he left and along the path and under the building - play from the DZ if you land OB (if your not no the grass either tee area or basket area you are OB).
Hole 16) No OB
Hole 17) OB in the road and on the path behind the basket.
Hole 18) OB in the tennis court (re-tee) and on or over the path beyond the basket.

In and on any building is OB, If it does not state to play from a DZ then play from were it went out.

paul cooper

Re: Essex open 2016

Post by paul cooper » Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Registered players (71)
(please note the field will be limited to the first 72 paid registrations)

Open (15)
Andrew Bonjour - Paid - 36
Paul McCullough - Paid - 36
Paul Cooper - Paid
Neal Clifton - paid - 41
James Luton
Matthew Cutler
Steve Cox - Paid - 46, extra lunch
Seonaidh Charity - Paid - 41
Hamish Blair - Paid - 41
Peter Dawson - Paid - 41
Mark Fleetham - Paid - 36
simon luard
Chris Malatesta
Ross Poole
Jester Wilson

AdvAm (20)
Tomasz Konrad Nowak
Dan Cheeko Brown
James Burton - Paid - 36 - 20 discs
Jessica George - - 36
Edward Green - Paid - 41
Adam Willetts - Paid - 36
Kevin Pearce - Paid - 41
Angus Green - Paid - 36
Dan Waxman - Paid
Sam Thomas - - 36
Craig Pettitt - paid - 36
Declan Bransby - Paid - 31
Richard Hooper - Paid - 36
Ned Morris - paid 25
Sam George
Pat Green - Paid - 36
Gustavo Avalos - Paid - 35
Mark Davis - paid - 36
Neal Pickett - Paid - 41
Isaac Connell - Paid - 31

Int Am (18)
Scott Rickard - Paid - 36
Ross Davies - Paid - 35
Alex Torelli - paid - 36
Theo Rhodes
Dan Whiteman - Paid - 31
Philip Richardson - Paid - 36
Jamie Martin - Paid -31
Calab Damanhuri - Paid - 36
Craig Snelling - Paid - 36
George Clark
Paul Hodgson - Paid - 36
Jonathan Lau - Paid - 41
Jon Bone
Andrew Finley - Paid - 36
Michael Share - Paid - 41
Tom Sweeting - Paid - 41
Steve Cardwell
Sean Stewart - Paid - 40

Ladys (4)
Emily Wilsdon - Paid - 36
Sarah Etienne - Paid - 35
Sue Underwood - Paid - 36
Alison Northrop - Paid - 31

Masters (14)
Tim Herring - Paid - 39, 1 x Disc
Steve Kornmuller
Charlie Mead
Jamie Mceye - Paid - 41
Paul Holden - Paid - 36
Neil Martin - Paid - 41
Ivan Bromage - Paid - 36
Louie Beckett - Paid - 35
Richard Wood - Paid - 31
Grant Barnsby - paid - 36
Jonny Morris - Paid - 35
woody - Paid - 36
Dave Allaker
Seamus Scanion - Paid - 45
Last edited by paul cooper on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CookeeMonzter

Re: Essex open 2016

Post by CookeeMonzter » Fri May 20, 2016 11:29 am

Morning Paul,
Apologies for the delayed response to you. I have been on annual leave so now climbing the back log mountain…
I am pleased to confirm I am now holding 15 bedrooms (with a view to increase / release if necessary) for the 13th & 14th August. I will reinstate your previous promo code ‘Discgolf’ to enable guests to book and pay on line. Worth noting promo codes are case sensitive, so please ensure guests enter their code as it appears in this text.
I am happy to reduce the rate to £36.00, which I hope you will find useful.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you require any further info, and I look forward to welcoming Disc Golf back to the University of Essex in August
Kind regards
Nic
here is the link
https://kx.essex.ac.uk/BnB/

Jester

Re: BDGA Tour #8 - Essex open 2016

Post by Jester » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi Paul, I thought I'd registered and paid but I don't see my name on the list. Can you tell me if in my old age I'm imagining things please? :oops:
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Jester, Mr Cooper says that he has no record of either. Although Ross has you down for garden spot :)

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Ok I have been a little slow to promote this years Essex Open but I wanted to let everyone else have a fair crack of the whip and there have been some crackers. However prepare to be spammed, shocked and amazed. I hereby declare that this years
'Essex, its my tourney and I'll play when I feel like, OG, Ogen Open' (yes thats the title I shall reg to the PDGA) is now well into preparation mode :) This year we will have the highest pay out EVER across ALL players and NON players. A payout of JOY!!! that is (because who really cares about the golf). I have plans so BIG and AMAZING this year that A: I'm not even going to have time to play and B: even Skanda's (Hendrix Jordan) melon will be twisted ;) . In the past we have gone above and beyond to set the bar for BDGA Tour events as high as we can and this year is no exception. This year sees the return of not just Saturday evening apres golf but 'TFI Friday' apres golf with the return of
'The Peter Dawson Grandes Cojones Challenge' now with added CASH prize. Saturday sees the return of 'The Jason Vidot MT Aye Award' plus 'The Euroasian Africantarctic Australiamerican Kan Jam Championship' plus the craziest 'Ring O Fire' you will ever play, Oh! and we might just throw in a Gateway sponsored distance comp too (tba). All this while drinking FREE beer and chowing on some amazing hot dogs (thats right I've up'd my dog game too).
Lunches will be as you'd expect TOTES AMAZE BALLS.
I have also hand selected I few choice people to receive some special treatment after some great comments over the last year. Previously these choice people have been awarded a charity cheque sized score card, braised beef brisket and special trophies so watch out for what you wish.
Also this comp sees the return of the 'If you can't shoot par then be a photo star' (aka Nice Snap) back to where it all began so you know I've got plans to celebrate that :)
There will be all the standard players pack, spot prizes and trophies that you have come to expect from us oh and if are really committed then why not play 3 rounds of golf too lol.
That will do for now, any questions please post anywhere and everywhere just to piss off as many people as we can HONK HONK ;) Watch this space.........

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:17 pm

For those that were wanting to know about camping...... There is a nice little site near the course called Mill Farm http://millfarm.org/contact/ . Please call ahead on 01206 250485 and ask to speak to either Judi or Anthony. They are aware of disc golf bookings. Price I was told is £6 ppn.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:36 am

CookeeMonzter wrote:Jester, Mr Cooper says that he has no record of either. Although Ross has you down for garden spot :)
Thanks, mate, I'll get myself registered then. :)
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:45 pm

The 2016 Euroasian Africantarctic Australiamerican Kan Jam Championship
Terms and Conditions:
16 teams of 2 players each will compete to the death in 3 knockout rounds and a final. The first team to 21 points exactly or throw a direct 'Slot Shot' in each game win. To achieve 21 points exactly any points over 21 will deducted from 21 for a adjusted score (see points table below). For example: if Team A are on 18pts and then score a 'direct bin hit' for 2pts and a 'mack bin hit' for 1pt or a 'mack in the bin' for 3pts then they win, however if they score a 'direct bin hit' for 2pts and a 'mack in the bin' for 3pts then their 5pts will take them to 23pts, 23 being 2 over 21 will mean that 2 will be deducted from 21 giving them an adjusted score of 19pts and the game continues. Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place teams.
Points Table
Slot Shot = Instant Win – If a player posts his / her throw through the slot unassisted.
Mack Bin Hit = 1pt – This is where your team mate macks your throw so that the disc hits the bin before the ground.
Direct Bin Hit = 2pts – This is where you throw the disc and it hits the bin unassisted before hitting the ground.
Mack in the Bin = 3pts – This is where your team mate macks your throw so that the disc lands inside the bin via the top or the slot before hitting the ground.
Direct Top Shot = 5pts – This is where you throw the disc so that it lands inside the bin unassisted before hitting the ground.

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:01 pm

A little info on the Sports Centre for ya'll. The Sports Centre is the hub for everything and is located next to both main car parks (side note: you will need to pay for parking on Friday up to 16:30 unless you have a permit). The players meeting will happen (when I feel like it) just in front of the main access to the Sports Centre. It will be open Mon - Fri 7am to 10pm and Sat - Sun 8am to 10pm. There are (obviously) toilets, changing rooms and showers plus taps for drinking water. We have the downstairs room again where Kornmuller and Seamus will be selling discs and shiz. You are welcome to leave stuff in the room but don't cry when you forget it and I've locked it and run away with the key MWUHAHAHAHA !!!! Lunch will be served in the canteen upstairs as usual. IMPORTANT note: the Sports Centre has no license for alcohol so please DO NOT drink booze in there (I beef stew and dumplings up on this last year, my bad).
Other than the Sports Centre the Uni has just about any other facility that you may require (a 2min walk from the Sports Centre) including banks, bars, shops, restaurants etc. OK

seamus

Post by seamus » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks to the good folks at Essex Disc Golf Club for allowing me to sell discs, shiz and schwag.
I'll bring down stock discs but was also thinking about bringing down this box next to my desk. Please bear with me I'm still looking up the value of a few, It's been a while. Any interest let me know and I'll bring them.
Really looking forward to seeing everyone and playing at Essex again.
Cheers
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Charlie Mead

Post by Charlie Mead » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Couple of problems with the unofficial results - par is set at well above 60 and final round ratings scewed because women and int ams only played five holes not nine. If you need help with putting that right please get in touch!
Charlie Mead
charlie.mead01@gmail.com
http://www.cpsforchildren.com
http://www.mulldiscgolf.org.uk
For Tournament Discs see:
http://www.disczoo.com/

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:14 am

LOL! Int Am Michael Share with a '1145' rated final. 'Mooooove upppppp!' :P
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/29927
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

BOF

Post by BOF » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:41 am

Seonaidh Charity 3-round score of 174 put him in 4th place, ahead of Si Luad and Neil Clifton, going into the final. But no appearance in the final. Did I miss something? Or have I misunderstood the PDGA results page? Or am I stupid? (Pick one of three, please)

Thanks

BOF

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:03 am

I think Seonaidh declined to play in the final due to injury.

My understanding is when this happens players finishing below him during regulation rounds should not be 'promoted' into the final 5 as it messes up the ratings.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Stats updated:

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1 ... 0g/pubhtml

In the end the Seonaidh issue wasn't so important as he isn't a member so doesn't get stats. If he had been a member, my instinct would be that he effectively DNFed and therefore wouldn't get stats either - however, that's just my initial take on the matter and it can certainly be something for clarification at the AGM, perhaps.
Tom
ND

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Wow that Tom is far more on the ball than me lol :) Anyway he is right, I think I have it sussed now but if anyone feels that this is not right please let me know.
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/29927

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Tom, I believe the PDGA approach is that Seonidh 'enters' the final, but then DNFs the final, and would still be awarded last place in the final. Jester is correct that his final spot should not be granted to anyone else, it should have been a 4 person final
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Competition manual 1.8 D

Any eligible player who chooses not to participate in a semi-final or final shall receive cash or prizes equal to finishing last in the appropriate cut.
Of course what you do with the stats is up to you!
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

CookeeMonzter

Post by CookeeMonzter » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:03 pm

They say "better late than never" so with that in mind I have some belated thanks and bits to share with regards to this years Essex Open. I apologise for the delay in this post but also don't want to this to get in the way of upcoming events so here goes. For those that were there it would be great to hear your feedback. I have already had some points suggested (and selected certain comments lol) which is great. I will keep this brief but would like to (if anyone is interested) share what little knowledge I have learnt over the years about running a tour event with the aim of assisting and growing future tour events.
As you all know we at Essex seek to push the boundaries of what is achievable at a tour event and this means basically having people fulfil my crazy ideas. I don't deny that some have worked better than others but it would be good to hear any thoughts both positive and not about what it is that makes the Essex Open special to you.
The University of Essex and disc related sports goes back a long way so I thank all those that have helped with this legacy and maybe one day I will try and piece for the news letter that sheds a bit more light on this subject and the people involved such as Charlie Mead,Tim Herring and Fernando Brown to name but a few. Unlike other tour events we have a lot of people that we have to liaise with at the Uni and we are lucky that they are very nice, helpful and understanding folk from ALL of the Sports Centre staff, the Events Essex team and especially the Grounds team.
I am also very grateful to all of the voluntary (it's not really, I am a task master lol) help and time given by the likes of Steve Cardwell, Steve Kornmuller, Paul Cooper, Dan Waxman without whom we would have no nice comp, stamps or artwork, discs and most importantly PORK :) I am also grateful to those who willing help with all the odds and ends like course set up, party bags, disc retrieving pole etc so cheers to Paul McCullough and Dave Allaker and co. Then there is the likes Ross Poole who at very short notice can make a basket spin or Lina and Steve Cox who can make a two and half foot high free standing cake or this years 'Spirit of the game' (and honestly other years too) Kylie Hitch who went above and beyond this year. I must also give thanks to the likes of Seamus Scanlon and his family who drove all the way down from Scotland with a shed load of stock so that you could have something to spend your pocket money on, Richard Barney Wood for pushing me to start the hot dog stand so that no one has to go hungry on the Saturday night while Paul and Steve run the Kan Jam and MTA comps, Steve Kornmuller (for a 3rd time) for also setting a little shop action, John Roundhouse Luetzow from I Fling Plastic for donating some lovely gifts (and we have never even met yet, so please check out his store), Alex Torelli and Chris from Lakenheath for the great 'Soda's / Pop' that we enjoyed Sat night.
Anyway you get the idea. I'm sure I'll think of more and to the list but also a massive thanks to all that came played, ate, laughed and left feeling a little bit happier with life.
Kind regards
Me :)