BDGA Tour #4 Loch Tay Open 11th&12th April

Does what it says on the tin!
seamus

BDGA Tour #4 Loch Tay Open 11th&12th April

Post by seamus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 pm

The Loch Tay Open
Invitation is live
http://www.rebootdiscgolf.com/loch-tay- ... odges.html

There will be a players pack and I'll post that information once we have it finalized. When phoning to make a reservation it would be best to speak with Jo Barrie regarding a players promotion. They have plenty of room at this resort in the form of Wigwams, Deluxe Wigwams, Chalets, and Bio Domes. The commissary is very large and can accommodate us all fairly easily. I hope to have a course map posted shortly after the new year when the new baskets go into the ground, please be patient.
The resort will be offering as a prize accommodation for 2ppl in a serviced Wigwam for The Loch Tay Open 2016, what the competition will be is Tbd but the comp will be held Friday evening during the Social and will be available to everyone at no charge.

Registration
Mens Open
Matt Cutler
Tom Lowes
Sam Stevens
Mark Davis
Mark Fleetham
Seonaidh Charity
Paul Stoddart
Hamish Blair

Womens Open

Mens Pro Masters
Seamus Scanlon
Henrik Bergström
Ivan Bromage
Trevor Betchel
Johnathan Burden
Sue Underwood

Advanced Am
Nick Blakehill
Richard Clegg
Sy Spencer
Gary O'Malley

Intermediate
Joe George

Novice/Recreational

Junior
Last edited by seamus on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:12 am, edited 15 times in total.
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Scuttler

Re: BDGA Tour #4 Loch Tay Open 11th&12th April

Post by Scuttler » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:15 pm

In. 8)

seamus

Post by seamus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Hello Folks
I'd like to pursue a Trophy Only experiment at Loch Tay in all the Open Divisions.
If any player participating in an Open Division would like to pay £20 instead of the £25 fee noted on the registration for Mens Open, Female Open, Masters Open simply check the Trophy Only box.

According to the Pdga
2.5 Trophy Only
Last updated: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 14:43
A. At the option of the Tournament Director, Amateur players are allowed to play in Professional divisions for which they are eligible according to age and sex at a reduced entry fee.
(B. doesn't count due to this event being a BDGA Tour Event)
C.Players competing under "Trophy Only" are not allowed to accept cash or prizes based upon finish but are allowed to accept trophies.
D. Players paying full price should have priority over players paying the reduced rate. If an event or division is full, a Tournament Director may require trophy only players to pay the full price in order to maintain their position in the tournament.

The other choice for players in any of the Open Divisions that place high enough to win a cash prize will be to accept the cash, accept equal value merchandise or waive both. For example if we hosted 5 Gents in Masters Open the Pro purse would be £106.25*- top 2 spots get paid, 1st Place receiving £66.40, 2nd Place £39.85. (*Trophy only entries would reduce this amount)
On Sunday after the 4th round if you find yourself in 1st or 2nd place in Masters you will have options at the awards ceremony;
Option 1 You paid full entry,
A. Enjoy the payout**
B. Receive equal value merchandise in lieu of cash (Pro Shop Voucher)
C. Waive the payout and merchandise all together
Option 2 You ticked the Trophy Only box- enjoy your Trophy
**Accepting cash as a prize makes you a PDGA Pro Player.

One final consideration is that only one discount can be applied at this event The Loch Tay Open is also part of The Northern Flights Tour, An Open player can either choose the Trophy Only Box or the Northern Flights Box.

I'd like to believe having a Trophy Only option will appease Amateurs by not forcing them to pay Open entry fees, whether the player has a rating above 920 or would like to compete in Female or Masters Open divisions.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

BaggerBlakehill

Post by BaggerBlakehill » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 am

Registered however I need to ask a few questions regarding food options. I've currently said no to lunch and also maybe to the social bits because I need to know if whoever is doing the food can cater for non-dairy and also can I add an extra one as my wife will be coming up too?
Really looking forward to the tournament though and getting to see even more of Scotland.
Still suffering from early wood

BDGA# 1112
PDGA# 61657

seamus

Post by seamus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks Nick, My guess is you will be fine because you've given plenty of notice and they have a full service restaurant on site. There is no issues with buying a second lunch each day if you like, shoot me an email to break down your entry fee. I'll confirm the dairy free meals and get back to you.
Anyone can feel free to bring/cook your own food during the event, their commissary is very large, accessible and central to lodging and the disc golf course. That includes Friday night as well, food will be available to order, pizza and BBQ, but feel free to bring your own.
The Woodland Cabins at Loch Tay sleep 6+ and have a full k itchen too.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Registered for MPO - trophy only. Thanks for offering that option. Do I get the opportunity to get the player's pack?

FYI you have the "Ace Pot?" question twice on your form.

I'd like to get in touch with the Loch Tay place to find out what's available. I emailed them a while ago on info@lochtay-vacations.co.uk but got no response. Do you have a better contact email for them?
Tom
ND

seamus

Post by seamus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Ace Pot so nice its on their twice.

Yes, everyone will receive a players pack.
Cheers

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Scuttler

Post by Scuttler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

Seamus, sorry to be a pest, can you change my registration from MPM to MA1.

Think I'll try to hang on to my youth for at least one more year. 8^)

seamus

Post by seamus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 am

Done, Scuttler.
fyi a gentleman from Sweden and a couple here on vacation from the States signed up today, Wow!?

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Scuttler

Post by Scuttler » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 am

So, anybody with any accommodation plans yet for Loch Tay, that might have room (even just floor space) for a small, tidy Scot on the Fri and/or Sat night?

gommog

Post by gommog » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Scuttler i'm in the same boat, looking at the lodges that are left they're £525 from Wednesday until Monday morning, with 4 sharing that's £105 each. I'm going to see if there is an alternative option somewhere close.

Just had a look and didn't find anything close but after reading the reviews of Loch Tay lodges I really want to stay there. I've emailed them and they're going to let me know what options they still have.
QP Hyzer Cup Champions 2010/2011
Eurasian and African kan jam champion 2014
Spanish Am Champion 2015

BDGA no.360
PDGA no. 46975

seamus

Post by seamus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:01 pm

They should have wigwams left, no frills £25 per person per night.
Most of the wigwams are on the course too.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Scuttler

Post by Scuttler » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:30 pm

seamus wrote:They should have wigwams left, no frills £25 per person per night.
Most of the wigwams are on the course too.
Not according to the availability on their website.

seamus

Post by seamus » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Available Accommodation for Loch Tay;
3 x 2 bed pine lodges, 4 x 3 bed pine lodges and 1 x 4 bed pine lodge
Wigwams are sold out and they do not rent space for camping, sorry.

If you are planning to attend Loch Tay please sign up, we've hit a few speed bumps and I will be sending out an email asking for advice, only those signed up will receive the email. Its nothing Earth shattering just a few Food & Beverage options regarding Friday and Saturday evening. http://www.rebootdiscgolf.com/loch-tay- ... odges.html

Registration has been updated, first post.

Our American couple had to bail out, Don said "see you in September I forgot I'm TDing an event that weekend".

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Scuttler and I have just booked a wee lodge at Cruachan Farm campsite. It's next door to Loch Tay lodges so if anyone is struggling for accomodation check out http://www.cruachanfarm.co.uk/ . They having camping pitches too.

seamus

Post by seamus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 am

Hello
I have a meeting with the folks at Loch Tay tomorrow so I will be armed with more information after that.
For those curious about the course I will have a map available at the end of next week, the front 9 is available on the Udisc App but the back 9 has yet to be charted.

The one snag that I've hit has to do with food and beverage, I think it would be best if they only make us lunch. The resort will basically be full and they are asking for a high price as well as money up front for any organised food and beverage events. In the future if we host this event during their off season we will have more opportunity to gather cheaply.
What we can do is order lunch as it normally happens at disc golf events, its on the registration form, and will be available at tournament central. I'll be sure to get a menu tomorrow.
Friday and Saturday evening the restaurant is open if you'd like, the commissary is available as well and many of lodges/cabins will have k itchens. Please continue to rsvp for Saturday evening if you are interested, currently there are 14 out 15 rsvp's, and I will certainly relay this to the resort.

The good news is the resort is mostly full and because Loch Tay is a destination resort for points in the UK and beyond this tournament will be huge exposure for our sport. I'm looking forward to hosting this event at Loch Tay, the grounds are stunning and the Resort amenities and not common in disc golf.

The first post is updated with registration.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

gommog

Post by gommog » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks Seamus, I've mailed them twice, filled in the enquiry form on their website and rang but got no answer. I need accommodation for three of us from Wednesday night until Monday morning. If they've got nothing then i'll check out the farm.
QP Hyzer Cup Champions 2010/2011
Eurasian and African kan jam champion 2014
Spanish Am Champion 2015

BDGA no.360
PDGA no. 46975

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:48 pm

They never reply to emails, Gary - you'll need to keep trying on the phone...
Tom
ND

seamus

Post by seamus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:28 am

The registration link has been updated - http://www.rebootdiscgolf.com/loch-tay- ... odges.html
- All Amateur players playing in AM divisions will receive a disc golf towel (Lat64 or Quaich Tour) and one disc from one of our 3 sponsors, Thanks Vibram, Latitude 64 and Prodigy Europe. Next 10 Ams that register will receive the remaining Lat64 disc towels. Open players will get a disc or a towel.
- Lunch will be a buffet on Saturday and Sunday and served from The Bistro Restaurant. On the menu will be soup, sandwiches and side salads.
- There will be no organised Saturday evening players banquet due to Highland Lodges needing guest numbers now as well as money up front. That doesn't mean we can't all go down to the Bistro on Saturday evening for dinner, call the restaurant to make a reservation if you'd like.
- Course map is a work in progress, I'll certainly post it when its available.

Sixteen players already signed up (Thank You) for this inaugural event, anyone want to wager how many sign up with 3 weeks to go? I'll put a fiver on 20+ :) Get In!!!
Last edited by seamus on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

seamus

Post by seamus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Course map is up
http://www.rebootdiscgolf.com/loch-tay- ... odges.html

with some nice photos at the base of the invitation.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com