BDGA #3- The Battle at Bluebell Woods

Does what it says on the tin!
seamus

Re: BDGA #3- The Battle at Bluebell Woods

Post by seamus » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:04 am

We have 25 tournament T-shirts for Am players pack and 21 Ams pre-reg at this point. The next 4 people to sign up in the Am division will receive a T-shirt.
Also unless someone volunteers to run it (hint) we will most likely cancel the £1 long putt competition during lunch, simply because I'm playing in the event now and will not have the time.

We have 31 participants signed up (!!) with a few more possible entries we might approach 40 which is just fantastic. The course is drying out rapidly with only two small areas of sogginess to contend with, I'll post course condition concerns if there are any next week.
The course map has been updated on our website you might notice par is 57, with a shorter Hole 1 and Hole 8. Surprisingly enough some brave soles are actually wake boarding so at this point it looks like Foxlake will be open during our event, so no throwing over pond, and Hole 8 is now a tricky little birdie run tucked in behind an A frame close to the waters edge. I was inspired by The Memorial videos.....
Looking forward to seeing you all again, Safe Travels
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 am

seamus wrote:Also unless someone volunteers to run it (hint) we will most likely cancel the £1 long putt competition during lunch, simply because I'm playing in the event now and will not have the time.
Hi Seamus

I'm sure with several seasoned Tour players in attendance you will have plenty of support for the long putt comp. I'd be happy to help out.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

gommog

Post by gommog » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:34 am

Jester wrote:
gommog wrote:Thanks for that Seamus, I've just booked into Belhaven so that's me, Stoddy, Neal, Cheeko and Joe sorted.
Gary - I heard form Si Luard that he might be coming. Our van is full up already, have you got room at the inn for him if he does make it please?
I don't see why not, it'll be cosy and it'll likely be floor space rather than a bed but it'll be as cheap as chips (used to be).
QP Hyzer Cup Champions 2010/2011
Eurasian and African kan jam champion 2014
Spanish Am Champion 2015

BDGA no.360
PDGA no. 46975

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am

gommog wrote:
Jester wrote:
gommog wrote:Thanks for that Seamus, I've just booked into Belhaven so that's me, Stoddy, Neal, Cheeko and Joe sorted.
Gary - I heard form Si Luard that he might be coming. Our van is full up already, have you got room at the inn for him if he does make it please?
I don't see why not, it'll be cosy and it'll likely be floor space rather than a bed but it'll be as cheap as chips (used to be).
Cool, thanks, mate. We might yet have a remaining bed space in our van, I just need to check how it's configured. Either way between us we've got him covered.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

Sky

Post by Sky » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 am

RE Overcrowding and floor space, I've got a few inflatable matresses I'll stick in the boot if they are needed to provide a little bit extra comfort for any one dossing on the floor let me know.
Graham
BDGA # 1116
PDGA # 62324

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Anyone driving past York with space in their car for one more who doesn't pack light :)
Can offer bed/floor space for Thursday evening if you want to break your journey .
My house is about 20-25mins off the A1, about 3hours 30mins from Dunbar.
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:06 am

Took advantage of the great weather on Sunday and got 36 holes in at Croydon. Now can't wait for Dunbar this weekend. Bring it on!
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

ChrisOBrien

Post by ChrisOBrien » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Does anyone have one of these holiday homes with 3 beds spare for the saturday? At the moment our plan is to drive up Saturday morning and camp out at Foxlake Saturday, but want to consider other options... If there is space on the basis of Friday and Saturday then we would come up Friday night.
BDGA # 305
PDGA # 34659
Missing trees by 1mm, finding impossible gaps by mistake, these are some of my favourite things

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:33 pm

ChrisOBrien wrote:Does anyone have one of these holiday homes with 3 beds spare for the saturday? At the moment our plan is to drive up Saturday morning and camp out at Foxlake Saturday, but want to consider other options... If there is space on the basis of Friday and Saturday then we would come up Friday night.
Sorry, fella, ours is full up Friday and Saturday nights.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

SteveCox

Post by SteveCox » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Sorry Chris and Paul, our car is full on the way up and we are full both nights in the caravan.

Scuttler

Post by Scuttler » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Any advance on the 32 players signed up? C'mon, you know it's going to be great. 8^)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650776

Weather is set fair all the way to Friday, fingers crossed for the weekend, too.

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Scuttler wrote:Any advance on the 32 players signed up? C'mon, you know it's going to be great. 8^)

Weather is set fair all the way to Friday, fingers crossed for the weekend, too.
You do realise what you have just done, don't you! :roll:

Won't be needing these now... 8)
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

Scuttler

Post by Scuttler » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Paul Holden wrote:
Scuttler wrote:Any advance on the 32 players signed up? C'mon, you know it's going to be great. 8^)

You do realise what you have just done, don't you! :roll:

Won't be needing these now... 8)
Can you "nice" the weather? :o

seamus

Post by seamus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 am

We have jumped to 34 participants in this years Battle, the 1st post is updated here but not Pdga site yet due to site wonkyness, but we'll get the info in there soon.
The course is looking sharp and the ground is getting drier by the minute in this weather. I played in hiking boots yesterday with no issues. The votes are in and Pool is Cool, voted in at 17-6 for Saturday evening.
For those driving in please do not set your navigation systems to the Foxlake zip code, you will end up miles away at a farmhouse.
http://www.foxlake.co.uk/location/
Get in touch if you need anything

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Paul Holden wrote:Anyone driving past York with space in their car for one more who doesn't pack light :)
Can offer bed/floor space for Thursday evening if you want to break your journey .
My house is about 20-25mins off the A1, about 3hours 30mins from Dunbar.
Train tickets with bike reservation booked. Hoping the cabins aren't too far from the course :)
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

BaggerBlakehill

Post by BaggerBlakehill » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Seamus. You mentioned that the bus from Dunbar goes past the course. What do I look for in terms of where to get off or do I simply tell the driver I want to go to Foxlake?

Also, if anyone is staying at the Royal Mac, in Dunbar itself or even just nipping into the town before the tournament on Saturday, I'm looking for a lift if possible :)
Still suffering from early wood

BDGA# 1112
PDGA# 61657

seamus

Post by seamus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 pm

The #120 Bus will go past The Royal Mack en route to the train station, the entrance to the train station is at the front of the Hotel. Its about a 3+/- mile trip to the entrance of Foxlake, this bus will also go past Meadowhead Caravan park. Just alert the driver where you'd like to jump off it shouldn't be an issue.

Paul the course is not far from the caravan park at all if on a bicycle, ride through West Barns and past East Links Family Park, take the right before the roundabout up a paved road toward Hedderwick Hill Stables, then your first left , mind the pheasants, stay on the pavement up the hill and you'll see the old stable blocks at the end of the course. When the pavement ends take a left onto the dirt road, you'll have seen a few baskets and tees at this point, your on the course by hole 12. If anyone has to walk from Meadowhead this is a shorter route, by car its easier to go to the main gate.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Sky

Post by Sky » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:05 pm

A chap who is comming to Scotland on holiday from Canada was chatting on rosshall site. You might have another international player this weekend by the sounds of things! :-D
Graham
BDGA # 1116
PDGA # 62324

seamus

Post by seamus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Nice work Sky!
We're up to 35...............

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Sam

Post by Sam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 am

Anyone hanging around Sunday night? Anyone want to share the cost of Sunday accommodation?