BDGA#2 FROSTBREAKER!! CANCELLED due to waterlogged cource

Does what it says on the tin!
TobyGreen

BDGA#2 FROSTBREAKER!! CANCELLED due to waterlogged cource

Post by TobyGreen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah. Now that the rain has stopped and it's nice'n'frosty, it's time to open registration for the nth Frostbreaker (where n is a large number and I'm so old I've forgotten how many we've had). You can register here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W9THCB8 - yes, a cool new way to register - on Survey Monkey.

Other vital information - my EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED - PLEASE USE tobyabgreen@gmail.com.

Can't think of anything else, other than to say, register now!!
Toby Green

Mr.Scary

Re: BDGA#2 FROSTBREAKER!! Registration Open- 23/24th Feb

Post by Mr.Scary » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

:like:
"By far, the most important part of any shot is what is happening in the last split second as the disc is pulling itself from your grip. Focus there. It's the key."

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

TobyGreen

Post by TobyGreen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Just to say that the beds are all gone . . . sorry.
Toby Green

TobyGreen

Post by TobyGreen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm

err, earth to disc golfers, I know it is snowing round about and even crisp and even (as well as in France) but that's no excuse for not registering for Frostbreaker. So far, we're ten . . . come on, get Survey Monkeying www.surveymonkey.com/s/W9THCB8 !! or the snow will never thaw.
Toby Green

MampiSwift

Post by MampiSwift » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:01 pm

£2.50 for Whitcombe rookies , what a bargain that is!!!
Quarry Park member.
BDGA number :354
PDGA number :45313
Hyzer cup 2009/10 champions
Hyzer cup 2010/11 champions
Hyzer cup 2011/12 champions
Hyzer cup 2012/2013 champions

SueU

Post by SueU » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Two beds (twin room) in self catering cottage near Beaminster Square available for Frostbreaker weekend - £65 per person for the weekend.

Please let me know by PM if interested. :)

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 am

Toby, can you post registered players?

Cheers

TobyGreen

Post by TobyGreen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am

Frostbreaker CANCELLED

For the first time since we launched this tournament (was it 1989?) I'm afraid the weather has beaten us - we're going to have to cancel Frostbreaker. The problem is water - far too much water. The farm is waterlogged and with more rain forecast and no sign of a long spell of frosty weather it's going to be that way for a while. Whilst we might have been able to get around the parking challenge and coped with loads of muddy boots in the summer house, there's no way around unplayable tees and, more importantly, damage to the fields and paths. Even the quad bikes are finding it tough and are cutting up the ground and sliding about. So, many, many apologies, we have no option but to call it off.

If those who have registered could send me emails with banking details or their snail address, I'll sort out refunds.

All is not lost - you'll be welcome to the Classic in the summer (assuming it has stopped raining by then!)
Toby Green

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 am

Thanks for the update Toby, I've put it on Facebook. Have you emailed the registered players? Hopefully no one will book any more travel/accomodation
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 pm

with this event being cancelled and my last one dayer being postponed due to snow. As many of you will of arranged the weekend to be clear for disc golf would you be interested in a one dayer in bristol? or even 2 day if enough people were keen? poll on the ashton court facebook page here....

https://www.facebook.com/AshtonCourtDGC

or

reply to the poll in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1525

Charlie Mead

Re: BDGA#2 FROSTBREAKER!! CANCELLED due to waterlogged courc

Post by Charlie Mead » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

After last years mud bath at Bristol and your (weather) proximity to Whitcombe will the course be any more playable?
Charlie Mead
charlie.mead01@gmail.com
http://www.cpsforchildren.com
http://www.mulldiscgolf.org.uk
For Tournament Discs see:
http://www.disczoo.com/

mat cutler

Re: BDGA#2 FROSTBREAKER!! CANCELLED due to waterlogged courc

Post by mat cutler » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 pm

we had exceptional weather on the saturday night last year. but i don't remember it being that bad tb honest - yes cold wet windy and nasty but I don't remember struggling for grip underfoot.

the whole of the UK is muddy and wet, and has been for the last 18 months and probably will be for quite a while yet!

either you make the most of it and get out and play or don't!

It is not ideal at ashton court at the moment but it is no worse than qp last weekend. I totally understand the Green's decision to cancel as a working farm 50+ disc golfers churning it up would impact them hugely. I am offering the opportunity for people to get out an have some fun playing in a one day event with ratings. hopefully filling the void in the calendar now until mull/glasgow/burnlaw. If it is wet and muddy and you don't want to play in that don't. if you do want to play and deal with the course conditions you find on the day then registration will open later today!