BDGA Board Reports and AGM Agenda 2012

Does what it says on the tin!
bruce

BDGA Board Reports and AGM Agenda 2012

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Sorry for lateness of this, but please find the BDGA Board Reports and AGM Agenda 2012 at the following link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xb8 ... U534E/edit

I will get these sent out via the post-Nationals newsletter also.

I have printed 10 copies in increasingly faint ink which I will have on Saturday night, but if you get the chance to pre-read then that would be great.

Please feel free to share the link by any means you have access to :)
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

rhatton1

Re: BDGA Board Reports and AGM Agenda 2012

Post by rhatton1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 am

HI Bruce, I would vote against option 4 for the time being - please note this for the AGM tonight. Would certainly support the ace pot idea (as have often wondered where the ace pots end up) Increasing memebership whilst it seems a tiny amount I think will have a detrimental effect on BDGA numbers, unless the reduced entry fees for individual tournaments offset this. There is already resistance at £24 a year even for some people who tour enough to make this worthwhile, smaller additional taxes at tournies throughout the year would be a better option as they appear to be less even though over the long term you end up paying more (good for the BDGA) - people are just strange about one off fees. Hope that I'm typing makes sense am being badgered by the wife to go out.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

JesseD

Post by JesseD » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Ace pots from quarry park end up as disc for rookies, jr's, spot prizes, fyi
um,,,, ah,,,, um,,, a,,, um,, ah,,,

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 am

bristol ace pot was donated to ghana frisbee project fyi

West

Post by West » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

mat cutler wrote:bristol ace pot was donated to ghana frisbee project fyi
That's a great idea, but I think it should be more widely advertised either in the invite ("if no one wins it will go to ... ") or as part of the results post ("no one won, so it's gone to ...") just to keep the sport as transparent as possible and avoid people thinking that the Ace pots etc. are just being pocketed :)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

West wrote:
mat cutler wrote:bristol ace pot was donated to ghana frisbee project fyi
That's a great idea, but I think it should be more widely advertised either in the invite ("if no one wins it will go to ... ") or as part of the results post ("no one won, so it's gone to ...") just to keep the sport as transparent as possible and avoid people thinking that the Ace pots etc. are just being pocketed :)
I posted about this on the forum and it was charlie meads suggestion to give to the tournament charity - stated in the invite as benefactor of tournament proceeds... but yes get your point

bruce

Post by bruce » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 am

[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824