BDGA Tour 1 - Whitcombe Frostbreaker 2011

Does what it says on the tin!
Village

Re: BDGA Tour 1 - Whitcombe Frostbreaker 2011

Post by Village » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 am

'fraid I don't have contact details for Ben, but I know a man who might...

give Mr cotgreive (sp?) a tinkle, he's liely to have an email address or phone nukber as Ben play in the Oxford summer league.

I'll PM you Andy's number just in case you don't have it.....

HTH
Pete
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

TheGroover

Post by TheGroover » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Toby
benfoxall at a famous search engine's email extension

(but, I think your post on the forum went in hand with yr mail to me - he's in the bunk room downstairs with us: person no.4)

Cheers
Andy

*Edited by Bruce, don't put folks emails on the public board!
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:39 pm

While looking through the thread of last year's Frostbreaker for the results, I stumbled upon a message Toby had to send out. I copy it below so everyone can be reminded Whitcombe is a working farm on private land and that we can't behave there like we own the place. Toby's brother is actually a really nice guy, but please let's not do anything stupid or he could simply decide to bar us from ever going back.

Last year some players also turned up early and unannounced to the Summer House when it was already in use by a non-golf group. I really shouldn't have to say this, but if you would like to visit the Farm before Friday evening, or arrive earlier than Friday night, then it would only be common courtesy to contact Dotty and James (ask Toby for their contact details) first to ask if this is ok with them.

Thanks for reading, let's have a great tournament.

- - -

In Jan 2010 Toby wrote:

I have a majorly pissed off brother this morning because an early bird parked in front of the barns so my brother couldn't get past on the quads to do the early morning sheep feed. He's threatening to send the offender home and to cancel the summer tournament. So on a score of one to ten on the pissed scale, it's an eleven.

So, couple of things:
1. Whitcombe is a working farm - so we must not get in the way, we must shut gates etc. If sheep end up in the wrong place this w/e I fear my brother will forbid future tournaments! So make an effort and ensure the gates are shut properly. If in doubt, shut a gate!
2. parking is always a challenge - especially Frostbreaker. We have 46 players coming, so that'll be a lot of cars. It's wet and we can only get a handful of cars on the side of the drive. If you're brave you can park in the mud in the 'car park' by the main entrance. But I think it would be helpful if you could park in Beaminster and shuttle yourselves to the farm to reduce the problem here. Whatever you do, don't park your car in my brother's way!
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Jester wrote:While looking through the thread of last year's Frostbreaker for the results, I stumbled upon a message Toby had to send out...
I meant to add, the above is not intended to drag up old news. The individuals concerned all apologised to Toby, Dotty and James, but we can do better this year by not putting ourselves in positions or creating situations for which we have to apologise.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

With parking is it the same deal as at the Open last year? (That's the only time I've been to Whitcombe).

Last summer, driving towards Beaminster, I took the second entrance (on the left) and drove round to a large field where everyone was camping. Is that where the parking will be this time?
Tom
ND

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Tom, don't take this as gospel but usually at Frostbreaker the car park in use is at the top of the main drive to the farmhouse. Driving away from Beaminster this is the next road on the right after the one that you used in the summer. The car park is a dozen or so metres down on the left. As has been advised it is small and gets very muddy so you would be advised ot drop your kit off and park in Beaminster if possible. It's a short walk back to the farm along quaint country lanes :wink:
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

Del

Post by Del » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 pm

regarding parking, I refer the right honourable gentleman to the invite on page 1 of this thread
Please park only in the enlarged car park provided at the top of the Farm drive. Please do not drive or park anywhere else on the Farm, including the drive.
That car park is likely to be a quagmire, so, as Paul suggests, it might be the best (or only realistic) option to leave the car in Beaminster
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:21 am

Del wrote:regarding parking, I refer the right honourable gentleman to the invite on page 1 of this thread
Please park only in the enlarged car park provided at the top of the Farm drive. Please do not drive or park anywhere else on the Farm, including the drive.
Thanks. As indicated in my previous post, I was unaware exactly to which 'drive' the invite was referring. How long does the walk in from Beaminster take?
Tom
ND

TobyGreen

Post by TobyGreen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 am

walking from Beaminster takes around 10 minutes.

Where's the weather report? well, I can tell you it's already pretty windy but i think we're going to be lucky on the rain front - seems to be going north. Patrick, Edd and I are preparing the course this morning. Nothing extravagent, hopefully it will amuse. HypoJump is a new one. Otherwise winter favourites Fishy Digit, Wild Field and Goolalong.

look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Toby Green

Village

Post by Village » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 am

Baring (so?) in mind the advice regarding turning up earlier than Friday evening, I hereby broadcast my intent to arrive before it gets dark this afternoon.

See y'all later.......
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

Last call to any Frostbreaker players that haven;t renewed their BDGA/PDGA memberships - I will be sending off tothe BDGA this afternoon so please get your renewal emailed to me ASAP midday - richard@abracardabra.co.uk.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:09 am

Result highlights:

Open
1 Del
2 Jester
3 Bruce
4 Ivan

Am
1 Phil Wood
2 George
Not sure after that

CTP - Ed Green
Longest drive - ME BABY! BOOM, CHECK OUT THE GUNS JAMES! :wink:
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 am

Fantastic tournament!

I had a great time and learned a huge amount about playing in strong wind. Lunches and freshly-made scones and flapjacks were awesome. Thanks Toby!
Tom
ND

JesseD

Post by JesseD » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 am

feels like i still have a hole in my head from the Mexian skittels,,,

had a great time anyhow,,,,

2nd round was a magical round that just makes me keep coming back, great fun.

thanks for everything.

Jesse
um,,,, ah,,,, um,,, a,,, um,, ah,,,

West

Post by West » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Can someone hook me up with the pars for the main 18 and the finals for each division please? :)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Jester

Post by Jester » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 pm

West wrote:Can someone hook me up with the pars for the main 18 and the finals for each division please? :)
The par fours on the 18 were Watery Gate, The Padock, Horror and Wild Field, so that makes it a par 59. The final 9 for Open and Adv included the latter two, so it was par 29. I don't know if the Ints played this final too or a different one.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:58 am

There was no Int Am division - all the ams were in one.
Tom
ND

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 am

Wait, was Wild Field a par 4? Damn, I nearly 2ed it - that would have been my first ever eagle :|

Wasn't Hypojump a par 4?
Tom
ND

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 am

LostMeow wrote:Wait, was Wild Field a par 4? Damn, I nearly 2ed it - that would have been my first ever eagle :|

Wasn't Hypojump a par 4?
Yeah, I think it maybe was. That would still make the course par a 59 (it was really a 58 lat time but I miss-added up).
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817

West

Post by West » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:32 pm

They're up ... http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64908 :)

You've got the next few days to analyse. All PDGA numbers are correct afaik from registration. If you've not got a current paid up membership then you won't get stats. These have been checked by Rich.

I will be sending the sheet through to the PDGA on Wednesday. After this point there will be no changes :)

Cheers,
W
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011