Pure Putt 11 - Android Putting app for disc golf

A landing area for users to say hello and get permission to post in the main forums.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ELSEWHERE ON THE BOARD UNTIL YOU POST HERE

Moderator: bruce

MSDiscGolf

Pure Putt 11 - Android Putting app for disc golf

Post by MSDiscGolf » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello from across the pond way over in Mississippi!

Good afternoon all you disc golfers up in the UK! Truthfully, this may be listed as spam, but trust me, it's spam of the disc golf flavor and I'm hoping y'all like the taste! I also hope I'm not breaking any forum rules or anything, but I wanted to advise y'all of an exciting new Android app I've had the pleasure of helping develop. I post here, not from knowledge, but on the assumption indoor putting leagues may be more prevalent in the U.K. than here in the southern USA.... and I thought y'all might just be interested. If I have over-stepped any forum boundaries, I ask forgiveness and please feel free to send this post into oblivion! I do sincerely apologize should this be considered a waste of time from a bloody, greedy American! ;)

But, if acceptable, I am pleased to announce Pure Putt 11! It's an app designed to accommodate putting practice or competitions. It offers 4 game variations of 11 putts per round and up to 4 rounds per event. It could easily be used for putting leagues and also accommodates unlimited players. Unlike other putting apps, it final score is based similar to a regular round ... lowest score wins. It's even calibrated so round averages are near par 54, meaning regular 18-holes tournaments could include a round or two of putting competitions.

And finally, one of the coolest features is it archives past rounds and creates statistical data on players putting ranges in bar graph format. It even provides and ranks players based on their overall putting averages. Event results and rounds can be shared via Facebook or email.

It was created for putting practice or competition, but mainly to enjoy the gift of the game!

Thanks for your time and I hope sharing this info. was of interest to y'all. Come see us in Mississippi where you're always welcome!

As far the app, it's on Google Play .... https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pureputt11

Thank you for your time!

bruce

Re: Pure Putt 11 - Android Putting app for disc golf

Post by bruce » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Hey there! It'd be nice to put a name to a post...
You're obviously a disc golfer so I wouldn't call this spam, but if you get access to the main forum you may find a better place to talk about your app with people, so introduce yourself and get chatting!

MSDiscGolf

Post by MSDiscGolf » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:44 pm

Grayson (PDGA #52733), from Tupelo, Mississippi! Birthplace of Elvis and home to some great courses!

Just an old southern boy disc golfer who is also a bit of a hobbyist at web design and such. What little "game" I ever had escaped me years ago but I love the sport and promote it any chance I get! Recently felt a need to jump into the Android market as it gave an opportunity to promote through technology ... and fill a niche I felt hadn't been addressed in the disc golf app market, so Pure Putt 11 evolved. ( Another plug: more info at http://www.msdiscgolf.com )

Hope some day I have the pleasure of a few rounds over there. One never knows!

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Well welcome. We have a number of returning colonials in the fold, so you'd always be welcome if you're over this way!

The Scandinavian golfers I know do a lot of indoor practice, as they're basically under snow for half the year, so it would be worth getting in touch with Tapani Aulu

MSDiscGolf

Post by MSDiscGolf » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Small world ..... actually, I think I've already been in correspondence with him. If you'll check the link on my last post, I used a mp4 on the splash page he was somewhat involved with. I wanted approval to use the clip. He definitely on my list to be in touch with regarding the app.

(Oh, the mp4 won't display on mobile or older browsers)