Hi there

A landing area for users to say hello and get permission to post in the main forums.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ELSEWHERE ON THE BOARD UNTIL YOU POST HERE

Moderator: bruce

stuartpb

Hi there

Post by stuartpb » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Hello!

I'm the MD of a community interest company in Hexthorpe, Doncaster, South Yorks. You can find out more about us here: http://www.hexthorpesocialenterprise.co.uk

We're looking at ways in which we can encourage community residents to get out and active. We also want to encourage usage of our local park. I was talking to a community sports activator from our council about sports and he mentioned Disc Golf. He sent me the links to some videos and I think the game is brilliant! So we want to start out offering it as a free activity in our local park. We already offer crown green bowls and crazy golf there during the good weather so I'm sure we can get plenty of people having a go!

Obviously cost is a factor, we have a tiny budget from which we provide all the events and activities we organise here. Are any of you aware of anywhere where we could borrow or hire equipment for a couple of taster sessions with local people here? We could apply for funding for the equipment but we'd have to demonstrate that there is a need for it. Any suggestions or ideas would be really welcome as I think that we could really develop this in our community.

Cheers,

Stuart

sspencer

Re: Hi there

Post by sspencer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:22 am

test