New to UK

A landing area for users to say hello and get permission to post in the main forums.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ELSEWHERE ON THE BOARD UNTIL YOU POST HERE

Moderator: bruce

Mattyg89

New to UK

Post by Mattyg89 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:32 am

Hey everyone,
My name is Matt, I just moved to the UK from the states. I've been playing dg for about 8 years now and wanted to join the forum so I can find some other people to throw with. My local course is Arrow Valley in Redditch. Personally I find the course rather poor, but it's the closest I got and with limited transportation it will have to do. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and hope to see you around.

seamus

Re: New to UK

Post by seamus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 am

Where are you from in the States?
There are more Americans here playing disc golf than you might think.
We are of course all cherished.

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:35 pm

[quote="seamus"]We are of course all mocked gently but mercilessly.[/quote]

Fixed that for you... :wink:

Hi Matt, you're not far from Quarry Park in Leamington Spa. it's certainly worth hooking up with our Facebook group as there are other players who travel up from the Redditch area to play here.

Greig

Post by Greig » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:27 am

Or indeed from Bedworth, course details here :-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6197281 ... 2/?fref=ts

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 am

If you're near REdditch you're less than half an hour from the best course in the country and another damned good one up at Bedworth - you've lucked in!

There is a handicap competition this saturday at ten - https://www.facebook.com/events/1746546762233562/ at Quarry Park, all welcome.

Greig

Post by Greig » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 am

And (i'm pretty sure*) A Club round Sunday at Bedworth 10:00 am.

* Might just be me.

Mattyg89

Post by Mattyg89 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:29 am

I'm from the Chicago suburbs. Had plenty of courses around to keep busy. I'll have to check out some of the ones around. Like I said the problem is I'm not eligible to drive yet so everywhere I go had to be by bus, train or foot.

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Where do you live?

If you post on the facebook groups there are likely to be people driving either from where you are or at least to pick up/drop off at the train station.

Leamington train station is about 3miles from QP and there is a train station about 500 meters from the Bedworth course, although the trains to there are rather irregular.

andrewdouse

Post by andrewdouse » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:29 am

Hi Matt, you might be able to answer a question for me.
Is the visitors centre at arrow valley hiring discs? and does it have any info about disc golf? I haven't got round to coming over to look as it involves me driving past Quarry Park... I'm curious as I donated them some putters last year and have no idea if they have been using them, or have lent and lost them all... I think the manager changed, and I lost contact.
Cheers
Andrew.
If you're around weekdays daytimes at all and fancy a round I can probably come over, I haven't played at Arrow Valley for over a year.