Homepage Photo 27th November deadline

Ideas for DG development, good news stories, requests for help etc
seamus

Homepage Photo 27th November deadline

Post by seamus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:10 am

The Bdga Homepage will soon be updated and I'd like to offer everyone the opportunity to submit a photo to use on this new homepage. I'll collect the photos until November 27th and We'll pick the best for our homepage.
I would recommend the photo contain no faces, logo's, religious symbols or nudity.

"By submitting photos you are agreeing to grant the BDGA a royalty-free licence to use the photo for any purposes in the future, such as the website, newsletters etc." :)

Best of Luck
Please submit photos to eastlothiandiscgolf@gmail.com
Last edited by seamus on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

andrewdouse

Re: Homepage Photo 27th November deadline

Post by andrewdouse » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Could I suggest.... Oh you've done it :)
Last edited by andrewdouse on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDGA# 373 PDGA# 51346

robbnot

Post by robbnot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:30 pm

If you use my pic, I want a free game .
That is all.
BDGA#1007
PDGA#62797

My disc golf makes your disc golf look great...

seamus

Post by seamus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:31 am

Fyi, I would just like to follow up by Thanking the two Gentlemen that took the time to submit photos and the three Gents that respectfully declined to participate in a player profile. Not every idea is a great idea but sometimes you've got to put it out there to see what the reaction will be, perhaps in time a better idea will evolve from the initial one. I can confidently say We as a club have the outdated homepage we deserve.
I will gladly submit articles to Rich after each of Quaich Tour events to encourage more participation in the sport we all enjoy so much.
Looking forward to '15!!!
Peace

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Del

Post by Del » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:23 am

Oh dear, sorry to hear that you have been underwhelmed by the response.
To my mind the most urgent thing is to put up the 2015 calendar or reference to it on the homepage, so that anyone looking at the home page will see that we didn't stop functioning in 2013, and that there is a useful resource on the Event Calendar page. Regarding the calendar page, a pick list of hashtags, to filter on, would be really useful on the calendar.
Do you have any other plans for the site?

The course directory needs updating for Myerscough and Manchester - is that still maintained by Matt Cutler?
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Del wrote:Oh dear, sorry to hear that you have been underwhelmed by the response.
To my mind the most urgent thing is to put up the 2015 calendar or reference to it on the homepage, so that anyone looking at the home page will see that we didn't stop functioning in 2013, and that there is a useful resource on the Event Calendar page. Regarding the calendar page, a pick list of hashtags, to filter on, would be really useful on the calendar.
Do you have any other plans for the site?

The course directory needs updating for Myerscough and Manchester - is that still maintained by Matt Cutler?
Yep I can add courses - it is a simple google map with open collaboration set so if anyone want to add any courses email me at matt@bristoldiscgolf.org.uk for teh admin link. If your IT skills are lacking email me as many details as possible and I'll add them. On another note I updated about 20 courses to pdga directory the other day hope people noticed!

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am

Nice one Matt I hadn't, I'll go and look.

It's worth leaving reviews on the PDGA site and DGCR site for courses - it can drive traffic to them, even if that is American tourist traffic it still gets people using the facilities.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

seamus

Post by seamus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:28 am

Thank You Rich for working with me and listening to my complaints in emails regarding access to the homepage.
All of the information that is on the Bdga homepage (apart from the old tour articles) is relevant and organised but when I look at the BDGA Homepage I can't help but see the set of Mrs Brown tv series, its old and stale.
My offer was to add a few modern photos, modern links and a little glitter to draw and maintain visitors to the homepage, and then make a few adjustments regarding constructive criticism. Not attempting to alter the homepage was a personal choice based on my opinion that the access granted was insufficient for the job. My window of opportunity to work on that project has closed, but I will be more than happy to submit articles/photos from events we host in Scotland throughout the year. It is no secret the recreational player base in the UK is about to double, Best of Luck in '15.
Peace Out! :D

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:19 pm

'Great' that the title of the first section is "Welcome to the British Disc Golf Associsation" Go us!!

I am volunteering my time to maintain a simple website for the BDGA. The question is whether to move at least the front end to the more user-friendly Wordpress build.
Tom
ND

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:36 am

If you want a job doing...
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824