Cliffhanger 2013 - 6/7 July

Ideas for DG development, good news stories, requests for help etc
bruce

Cliffhanger 2013 - 6/7 July

Post by bruce » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:39 pm

After last year was washed out, we have been invited to attend Cliffhanger again. http://www.cliff-hanger.co.uk/

It doesn't clash with Tour, but Chris O'B can't do it as he's away. Who's up for a trip to Sheffield? Looking at the development fund, I think we can cover (reasonable) expenses
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Paul Holden

Re: Cliffhanger 2013 - 6/7 July

Post by Paul Holden » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Bruce, I'm looking pretty available that weekend :)
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am

So far it looks like we have Paul, Tom and Matt for this, any more takers?
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Tue May 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Bruce, I am trying to contact someone from the DUFFA group in Manchester as this seems like a good thing for them to be involved with. I'll let you know.
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

StevieSenior

Post by StevieSenior » Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Guys,

Sounds interesting. I'm sure we can muster one or two folk from DUFFA to attend if you'd like? If so let us know the details and we'll see who's free.

Cheers
Stevie

Hopper

Post by Hopper » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:10 pm

What is the latest on this, spoke to Tom Lowes on sat and he is like me waiting for details. If we are attending want to know who is definitely going and equipment going ? Will need to book hotels, we are willing to go early Sat but dont think T om is able and will need two nights, what about Mat ?

bruce

Post by bruce » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Check emails

Hopper

Post by Hopper » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:23 am

Tom, Bruce, Paul H and Soph and myself went to this over a very hot weekend in Sheffield. Apart from bikers pinching our spot initally we had no problems. We set up a three hole mini course and a basket for putting. Had an amazing throughput of visitors, with a great range of ages ! Signed up a load of people for news letters and met a couple of excellent contacts. Bruce visited 'Active Sheffield' who were impressed and said that they would introduce this activity into their summer camps. The mayoress of Sheffield visited late on Sunday and was very supportive and liked the idea.
We also have got a contact to put a piece in an outdoor sports magazine. Overall we had several people who stayed over an hour playing and putting, no serious mishaps. All we need know is for a concerted effort to Sheffield council, as they will immediately have a great player base.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 am

Hopper wrote:Tom, Bruce, Paul H and Soph and myself went to this over a very hot weekend in Sheffield. Apart from bikers pinching our spot initally we had no problems. We set up a three hole mini course and a basket for putting. Had an amazing throughput of visitors, with a great range of ages ! Signed up a load of people for news letters and met a couple of excellent contacts. Bruce visited 'Active Sheffield' who were impressed and said that they would introduce this activity into their summer camps. The mayoress of Sheffield visited late on Sunday and was very supportive and liked the idea.
We also have got a contact to put a piece in an outdoor sports magazine. Overall we had several people who stayed over an hour playing and putting, no serious mishaps. All we need know is for a concerted effort to Sheffield council, as they will immediately have a great player base.
Well done to all those invovled. It's efforts like this that will help break the back of getting courses installed.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14