Promotional days and outings

Ideas for DG development, good news stories, requests for help etc
bruce

Promotional days and outings

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 am

Thread to document any promotional days and trips that people do. Can be local stuff or national, things like Cliffhanger, the Croydon Lloyd park day etc
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

bruce

Re: Promotional days and outings

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:58 am

'Do it For You' day

Myself, Carol & Chris O'Brien will be at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield Sat 27th Oct for a day run by the local NHS trust to encourage children with/recovering from cancer to get back into sport. We're running disc golf sessions all day.
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

Hopper

Post by Hopper » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm

If anybody wants to run a day we will always come with our baskets and discs as long as we get good notice. Enough for a nine hole course. Imagine you are going to have a wonderful day Bruce ! :D

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm

For those not on Facebook:
We had a great day at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield teaching disc golf to kids with/recovering from cancer. Personal highlights were a lad who'd lost one leg to the disease draining putt after putt from 6m without using his crutches, and a young girl doing the same from her wheelchair. Every single family signed a petition in support of a disc golf course in Grave's Park, time to speak to the council!

Chris R, I know you had interest at Cliffhanger 2 years ago, it's a bit of a long shot but do you recall who you spoke to about it? Otherwise I'll just go via the council website

Hopper

Post by Hopper » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Bruce,
Sorry cant remember the guys name left that side of things to J.B and his missus who awere local at the time. But had about five membeers of the council on our side for a big course on another sight in Sheffield which wasnt being used for much ? Bit hilly if I recall ? Sorry cant be much help ! :D