Potential New Courses Thread

Ideas for DG development, good news stories, requests for help etc
rhatton1

Re: Potential New Courses Thread

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Brighton guys - just so you know Stanmer park falls within the funding zone for http://www.sitatrust.org.uk/postcode-checker I imagine some of your other Brighton parks do to. Might be helpful if you have a council willing to install as this could provide the funding.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Bedworth funding approved - what to do with £22200? I think Tweed and i should definitely go on an all expenses paid trip around america to get some ideas on the best way to lay out a course... no.? oh - we'll just spend it on making an amazing course even more amazing then. Tour stop 2015 and I would expect some events sometime this year too.

:D

Merry Christmas one and all.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

Jester

Post by Jester » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 pm

rhatton1 wrote:Bedworth funding approved - what to do with £22200? I think Tweed and i should definitely go on an all expenses paid trip around america to get some ideas on the best way to lay out a course... no.? oh - we'll just spend it on making an amazing course even more amazing then. Tour stop 2015 and I would expect some events sometime this year too.

:D

Merry Christmas one and all.
Wow, that's amazing news, mate! Great work and well done to all involved. Looking forward to playing another new venue.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Meeting with the council this thursday to hopefully finalise some details and confirm exactly where we can use and whether they will let us install teemats as well as baskets. I'm getting my salesmen hat ready!
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 am

Bedworth update

After 6 months of messing around from the council (they still haven't got paperwork totally correct :( ) we finally have baskets ordered as of today - installation will now take longer than originally hoped due to the council delays but there is a chance of baskets in before August with tees and signage to follow. With crazy amounts of people out at Quarry park last night (queues on every hole) Warwickshire disc golf could be about to explode :)
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

seamus

Post by seamus » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

For anyone traveling North this summer there will be a Permanent/Temp course set up at Aveimore Ski area
I'll post exact details when they are available, this will be a 3 basket, 6 tee course to test the market for future development. Given we will be exposed to 150k+ visitors at Aveimore over the next 6 weeks I like our chances.

We will will also be constructing a permanent 9 hole course at Ace Adventures in Morayshire in the middle of next month.
http://www.aceadventures.co.uk/ , I will post more details and photos when they are available.

If you are traveling that way you may want to bring your discs, our sport is expanding to meet the needs of our expanding sport.
Back to back, chicken shack.

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Awesome work, mate! You're turning Scotland into a discgolf holiday destination! :)
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

Del

Post by Del » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Great job Seamus!
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

Bedworth - We are top listed on the SITA featured projects nation site http://www.sitatrust.org.uk/ Lots of local media going on at the moment - links to them on the SITA site and more expected.

Installation hopefully second week in August - this will be for the bulk of the red and blue courses although signage will come later as will some baskets due to a mix up with the fittings.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Bedworth has landed - Baskets for blue and red courses installed. Some tees installed as well with more to follow. Tee signs and markers are not yet installed.

The course looks absolutely stunning.

Phil S will be spraying missing tees tomorrow morning.

Couple of notes before we get website and all other details going:

1. All bunkers are OB
2. All paths are OB, the opposite side of the path to any hole is also OB
3. Some pruning still needs to take place on holes 2, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13 and 16.
4. There are mandos on holes 6 (right of far poplar on the left) 7 (left of first tree on right) 8 (got to go between the first two poplars) 12 (left of small stumpy tree - stops the hyzer bomb route) 16 (double gated mando between the two trees.) 17 (right of small tree on left of tee to protect the path)
5. All wildflower beds are OB - this only really applies on 9, 11 and 14 - especially prevalent on hole 11.
6. If anyone is in your way please go and speak to them and let them know what you are doing, they will almost certainly happily move. Please try to engage with anyone looking curious about what you are doing - we have had an overwhelmingly positive response from the other park users and would like to keep this going!
7. Other park users have right of way - DO NOT THROW if there is any chance of hitting anyone.
Please take special care on the following holes
3, people often sit on the bench by the cricket ground.
4. Make sure the way is clear by the basket before walking to the tee.
11. Please play this hole with a spotter.
14. Please check there is noone at the bottom of the hill before throwing.

Enjoy.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com

seamus

Post by seamus » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Highland Lodges at Loch Tay has a 9 hole disc golf course. It is sweet place to play disc golf and relax with friends and family, well worth the trip. Keep this course in mind when Mull comes around maybe we can set up a midweek league for everyone. This course will be used on our Quaich Tour of Scotland, tentatively scheduled for September 2015. The Highlands are quickly becoming a disc golf destination. Check them out,

http://www.lochtay-vacations.co.uk/

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

seamus

Post by seamus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:48 am

I spoke with a gentleman named Andy G from Bolton a few days ago and from what I gathered he would like to add a disc golf course to his existing golf course. I forwarded Andy information regarding our sport and directed him to contact the folks at Manchester Disc Golf Course. I don't feel comfortable posting his email address here but I will certainly forward it in a PM or email, just get in touch. Cheers

ReBoot Disc Golf
www.rebootdiscgolf.com

duffaSteve

Post by duffaSteve » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 am

Sheffield?!

We (Manchester DG) ran a stand at Sheffield's Cliffhanger festival - following up Chris O'Brien's work in previous years and had over 900 people try a mini course. Everyone seemed to love it. Real support - and lots of "why not build your course here and not in Manchester!".

We've just had a message from a Icelandic guy moving to Sheffield - he seemed keen to come play with us and wasn't ruling out the idea of taking on the idea of a course in Sheffield. Are there any other Sheffield based players that fancy a project? We'd happily loan 9 portable baskets and any advice to interested parties.. be great to push Disc Golf in the North, we're behind!