Development Ideas

Ideas for DG development, good news stories, requests for help etc
bruce

Re: Development Ideas

Post by bruce » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 pm

That whole section is undergoing redevelopment, we just needed to update the headline numbers.

Personally I would prefer an option to select a number of years from 1 to 5 with a straight multiplier. I'll have a think about discount, I'm not sure it gets us much benefit
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

West

Post by West » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 am

I'd be up for signing for another 5yrs in one go :)

*starts saving a £10'er a month from now until the end of 2013* 8)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm

http://www.sportengland.org/about_us/ho ... ports.aspx

some interesting topics here - membership for recognised sport - 1500

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Neil M wrote:I think at the very least any lapsed membership should automatically become Associate Membership to ensure that we still keep in contact with these people and possibly get them rejoining later.

Surely there is a way to send out an automatic reminder to all BDGA members at the end of the year when membership expires? I didn't renew until mid way through the year this year when I knew I was going to be playing a tournament and wanted to make sure I got my rating.
could we make it manditory to be associate member this year for bdga tour events? we need to act now if so as jesse has already got the chillychuck invite out. bdga number could be a manditory field on the google form with http://bdga.org.uk/join-the-bdga in the help text (associate free!)

West

Post by West » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm

mat cutler wrote:
Neil M wrote:I think at the very least any lapsed membership should automatically become Associate Membership to ensure that we still keep in contact with these people and possibly get them rejoining later.

Surely there is a way to send out an automatic reminder to all BDGA members at the end of the year when membership expires? I didn't renew until mid way through the year this year when I knew I was going to be playing a tournament and wanted to make sure I got my rating.
could we make it manditory to be associate member this year for bdga tour events? we need to act now if so as jesse has already got the chillychuck invite out. bdga number could be a manditory field on the google form with http://bdga.org.uk/join-the-bdga in the help text (associate free!)
Seems fair enough to me. Want to play in a sanctioned BDGA event you must be a BDGA member, and oh by the way associate membership is free seems fair enough :)
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

dunc

Post by dunc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:24 pm

I think we should definitely offer the five year deal again, no discount though. By taking the deal you insure yourself against future Pdga & Bdga rises.... Also, unfortunately the Bdga account does not earn interest. It is however free. There are alternative business accounts out there that pay interest. However the annual fees would cost much more than the interest earned and/ or they just have a two year deal
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

West

Post by West » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:36 am

dunc wrote:I think we should definitely offer the five year deal again, no discount though. By taking the deal you insure yourself against future Pdga & Bdga rises.... Also, unfortunately the Bdga account does not earn interest. It is however free. There are alternative business accounts out there that pay interest. However the annual fees would cost much more than the interest earned and/ or they just have a two year deal
Already started saving for my next 5 yrs at the end of 2013 :D
"West"
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

james

Post by james » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 am

As a member of this, the younger generation. I would like to see more activity on the BDGA twitter page, tweeting is an amazing way to raise awareness etc etc #letsgetittrending #usetheinterwebs
Ken Climo isn't the only Champ.

"You don't win friends with salad" Homer Simpson

BDGA #135
PDGA #8856