2009 Course Change

Disc Golf in the county of Essex
Tim

2009 Course Change

Post by Tim » Wed May 13, 2009 2:25 pm

All,

Just so that you are all aware, some of the baskets at the University will be moved over the weekend of the 30th/31st May 2009 to create the new courses.

If you would like to offer some help, digging, carrying etc please contact me directly, either here or at timherring@hotmail.com

Hopefully all the baskets will be moved over that weekend with the tee's changing shortly after, although we will mark out the new tee's somehow as an interim measure, the new maps will be posted here and at www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk as soon as they are complete.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 am

All,

Can anyone help out with moving the baskets, i've still not heard from anyone. At present Chris and Sophie have offered help on both days and Bob on the Sunday afternoon, i'm concerned that we won't be able to move all of them and the courses will be unplayable.

Please let me know if you can offer some time and muscle.

Cheers

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

DILLIGAF

Post by DILLIGAF » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 am

hay Tim,

sorry for late notice but had to finalise my weekends. I will be free to assist, cas you confirm where/when?

will only be able to do Sat though, I see you have booked the weather! thanks :D

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed May 27, 2009 6:45 am

Ace_Hole wrote:hay Tim,

sorry for late notice but had to finalise my weekends. I will be free to assist, cas you confirm where/when?

will only be able to do Sat though, I see you have booked the weather! thanks :D
Good man Dave, Ross will also be about on Saturday as well, i'm starting about 9ish with Chris and we'll be moving the 1st basket of the short course to begin with and we'll be working all day, hopefully break the back of it on the Saturday.

Cheers and see you on Saturday, please bring any tools that would be useful, spade, fork etc

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 am

All,

Both courses at the University of Essex have been changed, all the baskets we needed to move have been and for all new holes, new tee's have been installed (2 by 4's as front markers for grass tee's), just need to sort the maps out and update the website.

A big thanks goes out to Chris (a demon with a spade), Sophie, Ross and his van (a demon with a sledgehammer!!!), Dave, Rob, Chris (monkey), Andy, Paul C, Paul S and Bob who popped his cherry on sunday and shot his first ace.

Great weekend in the sun and a few new challenges on the course. We hope you all enjoy it.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Del

Post by Del » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:01 am

Great to hear that the mission was accomplished with input from lots of people. Do let us know when the grass is cut, as I'm sure there will be folk wanting to come and play at that point.
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

Village

Post by Village » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 pm

wot Del said ^^^^^^^

good work Essex folk!
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Del wrote:Great to hear that the mission was accomplished with input from lots of people. Do let us know when the grass is cut, as I'm sure there will be folk wanting to come and play at that point.
Road Trip!

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:31 am

All,

With the current changes, there shouldn't be a major problem with the grass being cut, there are now only a couple of spots that you can get lost in, and that means you've shanked your drive and not watched it's flight :!: :oops:

Chris is approaching the Uni to see whether it would be okay for us to maintain the course ourselves, hopefully we'll get a positive response and then can schedule some work days each year to maintain a few spots and make the course even more shorts friendly.

An interim map for the main course will be available this week and the short course map will also be out, but probably not until Friday, this work thing tends to get in the way... :(

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

All,

The map for the short course is now available on the website. www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk/course.htm 8)

Regards

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Village

Post by Village » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Tim wrote:
the short course map will also be out, but probably not until Friday, this work thing tends to get in the way... :(

Tim
Tim wrote:All,

The map for the short course is now available on the website. www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk/course.htm 8)

Regards

Tim
work, schmurk!! :lol:

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Village wrote:
Tim wrote:
the short course map will also be out, but probably not until Friday, this work thing tends to get in the way... :(

Tim
Tim wrote:All,

Regards

Tim
work, schmurk!! :lol:
I've even managed to get the full course map up on the interwebby thing as well, get in... :wink: 8) enjoy

The website refresh may take a little longer but i aim to detail each hole etc and tidy it all up.

Enjoy the courses folks

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

BOF

Post by BOF » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Do I see the old-skool Hole 6, Hole 7 and Hole 11 making reappearances?!!!
Hole 15 is a-bit-like-it-used-to-be?
Hole 17 is the old Hole 18?

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Thanks in advance for any light-shedding-comments.

BOF

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:32 am

BOF wrote:Do I see the old-skool Hole 6, Hole 7 and Hole 11 making reappearances?!!!
Hole 15 is a-bit-like-it-used-to-be?
Hole 17 is the old Hole 18?

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Thanks in advance for any light-shedding-comments.

BOF

Big Putt
BOF,

Your eyes are not decieving you and you are indeed correct, some of the old-skool holes have been tweaked slightly, hole 6's tee is slightly further back on the other side of the path, hole 15's basket is now in the wood and not in the open and hole 17 is indeed the old hole 18, fond memories hey :wink:

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

BOF

Post by BOF » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:19 am

occasionally fond, sometimes bitter, never twisted!
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

mat cutler

Post by mat cutler » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:24 am

wow look's amazing!!

fond memories of hole 11! our Christmas eve game of drinking golf hasn't been the same since the must throw through the statue from the tee or re tee with sup from the whisky bottle penalty! no drop zone! keep re teeing until you fly through in 1. So many have been seen dnf and getting the bus home soon after!

the road hole! excellent!

will hitting the building on hole 16 be ob?

can't wait to get over to essex soon and play a round!

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:48 pm

The website has been updated [link in signature], all constructive comments welcomed.

Enjoy the new course.

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

Village

Post by Village » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:39 pm

the website is looking good, the course looks even better, and excellent job all 'round!!

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

BOF

Post by BOF » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Is it OK having 16 running alongside those buildings?

High or Low chance of building impact and potential damage to windows?

Just a question, no criticism.

BOF

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:26 am

Village wrote:the website is looking good, the course looks even better, and excellent job all 'round!!
Why thank you Sir, most kind, the course plays better than it looks, except a couple of holes which i keep getting wrong, Doh!!!
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk