Lloyd Park

Disc Golf in the London area
bruce

Lloyd Park

Post by bruce » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:14 am

DG and the course on Lloyd Park in Croydon featured in the Croydon Advertiser last week, http://iccroydon.icnetwork.co.uk/sports ... _page.html

Also, Croydon Council have given a provisional go-ahead to putting a permanent basket course into the park, watch this space for future news!

Big up to Richard Wood for setting this all in motion! Where's the 'I'm not worthy' smiley? :D

West

Post by West » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:35 pm

9 hole? 18 hole? Possible extra tour event? 8)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Tim

Re: Lloyd Park

Post by Tim » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Bruce wrote:Also, Croydon Council have given a provisional go-ahead to putting a permanent basket course into the park, watch this space for future news!

Big up to Richard Wood for setting this all in motion! Where's the 'I'm not worthy' smiley? :D
Way to go Richard, nice work and i believe the first council in England to listen and see the benefits of DG, now that is real development for the sport, buy that man a beer :D

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Either 12 or 18 holes, but nothing is finalised yet.

I'm hoping we can convince them to put in full course signage and 18 baskets with dual tees (pro/novice), but we'll see how that pans out :?

With a bit of luck you could see Croydon on the 2007 tour... :D

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:20 pm

Just had a thought. This is another reason to come along to the Winter Doubles at Lloyd Park, on Sunday 18th December.

It's highly unlikely that baskets will be in by then, so you'll get the chance to influence the final course design! 8)

Unless you want all the holes designed by me...

Hole 1: 300ft hyzer bomb
Hole 2: 310ft hyzer bomb
Hole 3: 290ft hyzer bomb
etc...

:D

Gwyn

Post by Gwyn » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:32 pm

Can anybody say "One trick pony"!

Damn it, back to the smack talk topic again!
You cant squeeze cheese from a goat before it's hatched.

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:49 pm

Gwyn wrote:Can anybody say "One trick pony"!

Damn it, back to the smack talk topic again!
There's a theme emerging here :wink:

I knew there was a good reason for the smack talk topic... Gwyn :lol:

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

SkuzzyXD

I am American and in London area.

Post by SkuzzyXD » Thu May 04, 2006 3:10 pm

:mrgreen: I was disappointed to find out that three courses are no longer in action. This Saturday I will finally able to play disc golf at Quarry park. But where s closer one in london? None! I came from long way to find out that there very few courses in England. I also went to Holland and none there as well. Very disappointed. In American, I could find one easily and updated too. Thanks for ur feedbacks. I will be leaving on May 15th to America. Hope to grab few courses while I am in town. :mrgreen:

pediwent

Post by pediwent » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Just a note that might help with convincing the local government about the benefits of disc golf. I'm in the process of moving from San Francisco to London and would love to continue to play some great courses. In San Francisco, we recently convinced the local government to let us build two 18 hole courses in the city - one of them in the coveted Golden Gate Park. I'm not sure what materials we prepared to sell them on the idea, but I'm sure the founder of the San Francisco Disc Golf Club would be happy to share. The club's site is here and the founder, Greg Quiroga can be reached at greg@qbedo.com. By the way, if anyone is in the SF Bay Area, take the extra time to drive to Santa Cruz (about 1.5 hrs away) to play the course at De LaVeaga Park. It's 27 holes of some of the best disc golf you will ever play and is the best option in the area until the new courses are completed (there is a course to the East on Berkeley and another north in Novato, but DLV is the best around!).

Good luck and I look forward to playing a few rounds with some of you after my move!

TheGroover

Post by TheGroover » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:12 am

Hi Pediwent,
Looking forward to having you over in England. I was travelling through SF during the week of the official opening of the Golden Gate course back in '03 - great course, and a fine reward for what I discovered was the huge amount of effort required to get a course installed. It's an inspiration for us.
Andy
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

jet_jedi

Post by jet_jedi » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:25 pm

im probably gonna piss someone off for posting in two forums about this but....

Im talking to a chap from the oxford parks service about getting a course installed (see the general forum). Any persuasive literature would be greatly appreciated! :D

Lets get an Oxford forum so theres somewhere I can post updates! :D

thx

bengo416

doubles?

Post by bengo416 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:43 pm

planning on being in Lloyd park tomorrow morning. Are there doubles? with real baskets?
MoThWoodProducts.com for more than just wood

bengo416

golf on saturday

Post by bengo416 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:47 pm

a group of guys and myself will be at Lloyd park given that the weather is reasonable if anyone else is interested. had lots of fun last sunday great course
MoThWoodProducts.com for more than just wood