Ace Race - 2010

Winter Doubles and one off doo's.
Get your non BDGA tour/result announcements in here!
Paul Holden

Post by Paul Holden » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 pm

James,

Definitely going. Have paid up. Can you pm me your mobile number?
Paul Holden
BDGA No. 307
PDGA No. 34662

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 am

And the weather is looking good for the event 8)

See you all down there

Tim
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

DILLIGAF

Post by DILLIGAF » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi all

Just to let people know that are also entering the Ript Revenge Challenge, the entry fee has had to be increased to £3.50 from the original £2 stated. I apologise for the late notice of this.

I look forward to seeing all attendees and having a fun day of golf.
S.S.D.D.

2020mad

Post by 2020mad » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Paul,Dave,Ross Have sorted a lift so can definatly attend now, have sent paul an email to confirm this. can i send someone a paypal gift payment as i have cash in my paypal but in process of changing bank accounts at moment.
BDGA 303 PDGA 34660 Player Rating: Rubbish

DILLIGAF

Post by DILLIGAF » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 pm

not sure which of pauls emails you used? not sure how often he checks the pne on here.

if you ping Paul an email on essexdiscgolf@googlemail.com he will notify you if that payment is possible.
S.S.D.D.

2020mad

Post by 2020mad » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 pm

DILLIGAF wrote:not sure which of pauls emails you used? not sure how often he checks the pne on here.

if you ping Paul an email on essexdiscgolf@googlemail.com he will notify you if that payment is possible.
cheers have re-sent him an email as i used one i found on his facebook page.
BDGA 303 PDGA 34660 Player Rating: Rubbish

DILLIGAF

Post by DILLIGAF » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Just a quick update,

Dan Eagle wins the ace race with two aces and two metal hits.

Matt Cutler wins the Ript Revenge Challenge. With Paul Cooper 2nd and Chris Rowland 3rd.

Congratulations to all the winners. A full score list will follow when I get home.
S.S.D.D.

DILLIGAF

Post by DILLIGAF » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Ace Race
Dan Eagle took the win with two Aces combined with 2 good metal hits. Using his special skills he has taken the prize of a new special Bag, Magnet Pro, Buzzz Elite X, Comet Elite X, Soft Challenger Elite X, Nuke Elite Z, XL Elite Z, Cyclone ESP and a Flash ESP.

Well done mate and a big thanks to all players that were able to make it to Essex for the 2010 Ace Race.

Ript Revenge Challenge.

During this round where you can get punished for being good, Matt Cutler went on to win and still managed to stay 1 under par, Well Done Matt (i will have words with your group!!!). Below are the scores from the players that took part in this event.

Matt Cutler 60
Paul Cooper 68
Chris Rowland 68
Sophie Southgate 69
Dan Eagle 70
Andy Lucy 71
Justin Hayes 72
Paul Holden 72
Dave Allaker 73
James Cloes 75
Neil Pickett 77
Mark Fleetham 78
Steve Cardwell 80
Paul Stoddard 81
Clive Phillips 82
Dan Waxman 83
Chris D Hat 84
Martin Smith 85
Steve Turner 85
Dan Thomas 89
Jamie McKey 87
Ben Slater 95

I would like to take this opportunity to give a few thanks to Catch the Spirit for sponsoring this event, Paul Cooper and Paul Stoddard without them i could not have arranged the Ript Revenge Challenge 2010.

My memories of the Ript Revenge have defiantly stuck, one was when preparing to throw on hole 6 I had the ‘play with your wrong hand’ card played on me. FINE I thought but then heard make that a thumber as well!!! I was not impressed to say the least but for some reason I was very peeved when my fellow ‘players’ done the same bloody thing when I was preparing to throw on hole 14 over the road. :evil:

My biggest memory though was on hole 8 the big par 5. For ‘fun’ I used my ‘play a disc of my choice for the entire hole’ on Steve Cardwell making him use his putter!!!! As everyone played there tee shot, poor Steve came up for his tee drive, all went well until he went to release his disc, a good shout just at the wrong moment... a ‘Heckle an opponent’ card was played :twisted:, leaving his shot woefully short. After a good laugh at Steve he played a ‘swap lie’ on me. Steve now played from my lie up near the top of the hill (:cry:) and was now looking at a birdie run amd me fighting for par :evil: :evil:. The hole ended with when he was forced to play a thumber as an approach shot which was a little too far for him to make but he was still able to make par. And in Karma for me of making Steve only use his putter... I ended with a Bogey.

I would like to thank all the players that were able to make it out, please let me know your thoughts of the afternoon and I would love to hear any of your stories.
S.S.D.D.