PDGA Leagues for ratings

Winter Doubles and one off doo's.
Get your non BDGA tour/result announcements in here!
rhatton1

PDGA Leagues for ratings

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:11 am

http://www.pdga.com/faq#t136n21308

Can this be done in the UK yet? Seems a great way to run weekly leagues, low cost as far as I can see (I think its $25 for a 12 week league commissiong and $.50 a head weekly thereafter so nothing really)

Only takes 5 propogators each week to run the stats. Would give encouragement to more players to join BDGA yearly with PDGA benefits through it ( for the last 3 years my membership hasn't paid for itself, this would definitely help it too) . Leagues can be run at different courses - for instance, Central Mids league, week one QP, week 2 Bedworth week 3 Redditch - gives more encouragement to travel to the other courses locally to you to play. (hell me Bruce, Westy Steve and Scott can make our own Washbourne park weekly meet, there would be some very strange ratings update out of that one :) )

Would give TD's of local leagues easier stats systems to work with that don't need to be manually updated.

If it's not possible yet, Bruce make it possible ;)
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

bruce

Re: PDGA Leagues for ratings

Post by bruce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:00 pm

The following is a new addition to the PDGA Europe guide, which is not quite signed off for next year yet, but I doubt this bit will change:
• For all countries PDGA sanctioned Leagues are handled entirely by the USA Office. Sanctioning is US$25 per League, and there is a $1/player/week fee, half of which is kept by the League organizers. All League fees are paid in US$ to the PDGA Office, and all League event Reports are sent directly to the PDGA Tour Manager.
• International countries should note that PDGA League formats are currently limited and sanctioned leagues must adhere to the format. The PDGA is exploring how to accommodate other League formats in future.
So yes, but you will have to stick to their format, manage results directly with the PDGA, and pay the sanctioning and player fees directly to them
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:31 pm

:D You could have at least pretended you had arranged this over the weekend at my request - always take the credit ;)

Have you heard how well these have worked in the states?

The format should work well over here as i believe it is just based on normal singles strokeplay which is what most are running this way already.

With as small a buy in as this it doesn't matter if some weeks are washed out by rain, even if you only managed to get a couple of weeks in costs could easily be covered by charging everyone a couple of quid a week and then leftovers can go to prize funds, acepools, payouts (PDGA am status is not affected) or whatever people wanted.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

bruce

Post by bruce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:56 pm

What is the format for PDGA leagues?
PDGA league sessions include 6 to 10 weeks of singles play. No doubles yet. Players enter standard PDGA divisions or the league can be run where everyone participates in one handicap division as long as the TD reports players' raw scores to the PDGA site within standard PDGA divisions so players can earn ratings. The League Director or assistant must be a PDGA Certified Official and they are allowed to play.
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

robbnot

Post by robbnot » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:45 pm

I have a PDGA league starting March 10, gets my local players ratings. Anyone can come and play
http://www.pdga.com/leagues/events/2016/3
BDGA#1007
PDGA#62797

My disc golf makes your disc golf look great...