Women's Global Event

Winter Doubles and one off doo's.
Get your non BDGA tour/result announcements in here!
bruce

Women's Global Event

Post by bruce » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:31 pm

For those who are not current PDGA members and therefore didn't get this:
Greetings from the PDGA Women's Committee

We are contacting you today with exciting news. The PDGA Women's Global Event is returning this year on May 10, 2014. In its first year, 2012, it became the largest PDGA event for a single demographic in the sport of disc golf. If you did not take part in 2012, we hope you will join us this year!

If you have already signed up to participate in an event in your area this year, thank you! If not, here's how the Women's Global Event works:

On May 10th, women from all around the world will play two rounds of disc golf at their local participating Women's Global Event. Scores from the first two rounds of each participating tournament will be submitted by the individual tournament directors and rated by the PDGA. These round ratings will be totaled and averaged to determine the player's "Global Score." For the rounds to qualify, the event must include two rounds and have at least three ratings propagators playing on the same course layout each round for ratings to be calculated as accurately as possible. The Global Scores will be updated throughout the day to determine our Women's Global Event Champions and the winner in each division will receive a memorable trophy.

This is a great opportunity to increase the number of female disc golfers world-wide, so we encourage you to participate in your local event that is also part of the Women's Global Event. If there are no local events in your area, we encourage you to run a Women's Global Event in your region.

We would love to have you involved in making this year's event bigger and better than our first!

If you would like to participate or know more on the event please visit the PDGA Women's Global Event Page.

Thank you for your time and have a great 2014 disc golf season!

Karolyn O'Cull,
2014 PDGA Women's Global Event TD
PDGA Women's Committee BOD Liaison
Looks like a perfect opportunity for a one-day event somewhere in the UK on the 10th May, and any women who can make it would be entered into this. I'd offer to run it at QP but I'm at an ultimate event that weekend
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824