Lost disc poll

Does what it says on the tin!

Can you think of any occasion where you've lost a disc on a fairway throw (not tee shot, or OB)?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 9

bruce

Lost disc poll

Post by bruce » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:50 pm

I can't think of any time where I've lost a disc on a second/third shot. Tee shots lost? Yea. Second shot OB? Yep. But never lost one from the fairway...

Have you?

This isn't supposed to prove anything one way or the other about the rule change, I'm just curious...

Bruce

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:57 pm

I have at Essex and i know of a number of other players who have also, especially with some of the different configurations we've had over the years, most normally in summer when the grass is very long, although i must admit i haven't for a while now.

They call me hawk eye
www.essexdiscgolf.co.uk

bruce

Post by bruce » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:57 pm

I maybe should have specified tournament rounds, as that's when it's going to effect others, but anytime counts I guess. In casual rounds it might be more likely, as you're not paying as much attention, and nor are the spotters.

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm

I voted yes.

This happened to me on the ancient twice at beaminster, 2nd shot (aproach) with a spider which banked left...
long grass....
4 looking....
That disc that was sucked into the unknown!

Its happened to me on Dels course too. Well not me but others in my group. hole 10? with all the shrubery and the ally down to the avon.
We all saw where it went but the disc wasn't there! :/

Pesky long grass!
[url=http://www.shropdisc.co.uk/]Disc Golf In Shropshire[/url]

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[url=http://www.pdga.org/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=8833&year=2007]PDGA # 8833[/url]
[/color]