The Comedy Moments thread

Does what it says on the tin!
Spider

and more from Kingsland

Post by Spider » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:22 pm

What about the Del vs. Hen Party Barge moment on Saturday night?
There we all are enjoying a quiet soiree by the river at The BoatHouse Inn, when up the river comes a barge full of young Shropshire lassies, blowing whistles and behaving..well... as Shropshire lassies are expected to.
We all want to throw something at them, when Del pipes up that he has a mini in his pocket. Some are unsure about his meaning (or intentions) until he produces a marker disc, and to much hilarity throws it at the boat, skimming over the heads of the young ladies in question. One of the "larger" girls bends over and pulls her skirt up in order to moon her response . "Damn" says Del, "now that's a real target, if only I'd got another mini...." :shock: :lol: :lol:
Hammer time!
http://www.highlandpix.co.uk

West

Post by West » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:22 am

The sun was setting on what was a quality day of disc golf, most if not all of us had got a bit sun burnt and a group of us where have some beers after the bbq by the river.

Suddenly a mini flash flight appears through the group, we look to the location of where it came from and Ivan starts looking shifty ... as only Ivan can do when he's up to mischief!

After a few throws back and forward between the tables someone pipes up and challenges Del to drive it to the other side of the river ... Del steps up to the plate ... the run up is good ... posture good (as you'd expect from the british champion) ... release is good ... ooops, too much power, not enough angle ... the disc flips over and lands about 2/3 over the river ... close but no cigar.

As only Dunc can do ... he pipes up with a "I can do that" ... so after a few minutes of persuding bob to part with another mini flash flight he steps up to the now well used tee plate on the pub patio. A practice run up is needed and is done in pure Dunc style ... he feels happy that he can make it ... he prepares ... the run up looks ok ... the release point is reached ... the release point is passed ... no release ... uh oh ... Dunc's got grip lock on the mini disc. Another 90 degrees round and finally lets go ... over the pub ... no where near the river at all.

This was followed by many chants of "rubbish" not only from the disc golfers, but some normal punters on the patio too!!

Dunc turns round and looks :oops: ... not for the first time that evening, but thats a different story :twisted:
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:17 pm

You forgot to mention dunc retrieved the disc and then proceeded to throw it in the face of a young lady sat 4 metres from him :D
[url=http://www.shropdisc.co.uk/]Disc Golf In Shropshire[/url]

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[url=http://www.pdga.org/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=8833&year=2007]PDGA # 8833[/url]
[/color]

Del

Post by Del » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Richard "Moon-boy" Hatton strengthened his claim to be King of Comedy Moments at the QP Pro-Am tournament at the weekend.

1. At the players meeting we ran through a few things for the benefit of the newbies. Rich is maybe still a little wet behind the ears (not to mention empty between them) and sought clarification on one point "Is the water in the stream wet?" :lol:

2. Maybe he would be better to let his golf game do the talking. So, we are on the tee of 4, faced with the new mando on the left side. Better make sure you don't miss that mando .... or indeed the mando on the right ... after all Rich you are supposed to be the "Pro" player in the pairing. Oops! Not only does he miss the mando on the right, he manages to drive over the 18th green, and over the fence into the field next door.

Nice work Rich!
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks Del, no really, thank you. javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

I think it would be fair to say that sunday was not my finest moment. :oops:

At least I now know that water is indeed wet. The knowledge will serve me well.
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

TheGroover

Post by TheGroover » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 am

Del wrote:Richard "Moon-boy" Hatton strengthened his claim to be King of Comedy Moments at the QP Pro-Am tournament at the weekend.

2. Maybe he would be better to let his golf game do the talking. So, we are on the tee of 4, faced with the new mando on the left side. Better make sure you don't miss that mando .... or indeed the mando on the right ... after all Rich you are supposed to be the "Pro" player in the pairing. Oops! Not only does he miss the mando on the right, he manages to drive over the 18th green, and over the fence into the field next door.

Nice work Rich!
Y'know, most times things don't seem to translate too well by being written about, but this is hysterical. Wish I could have seen it....
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

Village

Post by Village » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:51 pm

I have a nomination:

on the walk back from the scout hut on the Saturday afternoon, there was pretty much the entire field in a big snake walking through suburban Croydon. Rick Rick felt that this should be caught in camera for posterity, so he walked along the opposite side of the road and videod us with his phone.

Clang!!

He walked into a lamp post.

oh, how we laughed! :lol:
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:38 am

Village wrote:I have a nomination:

on the walk back from the scout hut on the Saturday afternoon, there was pretty much the entire field in a big snake walking through suburban Croydon. Rick Rick felt that this should be caught in camera for posterity, so he walked along the opposite side of the road and videod us with his phone.

Clang!!

all lies and slander, if you i did walk into a lampost, i would of just gone straight through, i'm made out of pure diamond

Village

Post by Village » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:36 am

The Rizboss wrote:

Clang!!

all lies and slander, if you i did walk into a lampost, i would of just gone straight through, i'm made out of pure diamond
Rick Rick you doofus, why do you have to forum accounts?

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Village wrote:
The Rizboss wrote:

Clang!!

Rick Rick you doofus, why do you have to forum accounts?
I forgot the password for the other one and what my display name thing was, couldnt be arsed so i made another, better picture aswell a think. You better be throwing some tombstones this weekend, my vocal cords are primed and ready, (top tip - hole 6 + 10 are most tombstoneable based on the moist greens.....bare that in mind)

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:55 pm

If you want your old username, just let me know Rick. I'll delete the old one and rename this one with a password that you can set. Let me know and drop me a pm with the password you want..

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[url=http://www.pdga.org/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=8833&year=2007]PDGA # 8833[/url]
[/color]

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Steve wrote:If you want your old username, just let me know Rick. I'll delete the old one and rename this one with a password that you can set. Let me know and drop me a pm with the password you want..
If you could simply delete the old one that would be quite handy mate, cheers Booster

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Done. :)

[color=red] BDGA # 266
[/color]

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:31 pm

Steve wrote:Done. :)
How did you do that? by any chance did you..........grip it...........and rip it?

Village

Post by Village » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 am

The Rizboss wrote: You better be throwing some tombstones this weekend, my vocal cords are primed and ready, (top tip - hole 6 + 10 are most tombstoneable based on the moist greens.....bare that in mind)
you're going to have to find a stand-in, I'm not going up to Burnlaw this time.....

TOMB STONE!!!!! :twisted:

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

The Rizboss

Post by The Rizboss » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:52 am

Village wrote:
The Rizboss wrote: You better be throwing some tombstones this weekend, my vocal cords are primed and ready, (top tip - hole 6 + 10 are most tombstoneable based on the moist greens.....bare that in mind)
you're going to have to find a stand-in, I'm not going up to Burnlaw this time.....

TOMB STONE!!!!! :twisted:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo who the hell else is going to shout tombstone with me, this is ridiculous, i am not a happy bunny village

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 pm

can i request the honour of being the Village stand in?

My tombstone producing guns are primed and ready.... all they need is for the right person to be shouting!
www.discgolfuk.com
richard@discgolfuk.com
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

Village

Post by Village » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

rhatton1 wrote:can i request the honour of being the Village stand in?

My tombstone producing guns are primed and ready.... all they need is for the right person to be shouting!
you have to do your own shouting :roll:

If you're going to stand in for me, you'll also have to heckle at the AGM and drink cider

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

Village

Post by Village » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Village wrote:
rhatton1 wrote:can i request the honour of being the Village stand in?

you have to do your own shouting :roll:

If you're going to stand in for me, you'll also have to heckle at the AGM and drink cider
and throw side arm on hole 4 (in works, honest)

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

bruce

Post by bruce » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm pretty sure we have a winner of this prize from the weekend. Full details tomorrow, hopefully with photographs... :lol:
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824