The Comedy Moments thread

Does what it says on the tin!
bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

The Comedy Moments thread

Post by bruce » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:26 am

Thread for posting your comedy moments of the 2007 season.

An early contender, as emailed to me by Duncan :lol:
Silly Americans

Whilst on holiday in Morocco I changed the answer phone of my work phone to " Hi you've reached the voicemail of Duncan Hartshorne, Cemex UK Cement I am currently on holiday and will return on Mon 15th Jan, If your call is urgent please contact Jane Newbould on 07813.............. alternatively please leave a message and I will respond on my return"

So Mr Chris Riviera called my boss at 10:45pm one night, panicking and asking how he was going to pay membership for the BDGA as he was going on holiday when I returned!!! My boss was a little annoyed!!! She'd gone to bed already! And it is work phone misuse apparently! Oops! Silly Americans!!

Dunc
:lol:
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

User avatar
madfrolfer
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Post by madfrolfer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:21 pm

:oops:

Ummm. I think he's Scottish now.

:lol:
Frolf it up!!!!
http://www.Discology.co.uk
http://www.TwistedFlyer.com
http://www.ESSEXDISCGOLF.CO.UK

User avatar
West
Posts: 2624
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Re: The Comedy Moments thread

Post by West » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:00 pm

bruce wrote:Thread for posting your comedy moments of the 2007 season.

An early contender, as emailed to me by Duncan :lol:
Silly Americans

Whilst on holiday in Morocco I changed the answer phone of my work phone to " Hi you've reached the voicemail of Duncan Hartshorne, Cemex UK Cement I am currently on holiday and will return on Mon 15th Jan, If your call is urgent please contact Jane Newbould on 07813.............. alternatively please leave a message and I will respond on my return"

So Mr Chris Riviera called my boss at 10:45pm one night, panicking and asking how he was going to pay membership for the BDGA as he was going on holiday when I returned!!! My boss was a little annoyed!!! She'd gone to bed already! And it is work phone misuse apparently! Oops! Silly Americans!!

Dunc
:lol:
Its so early on in the season ... but i still think that could be a contender at the end of the season :)
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

dunc
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: Rugby

Post by dunc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:43 pm

New entry!

During play at the Belgian open Del is lining up a putt... Bzzzzz.... a Bee is hovering in between Del and the basket about one metre from Del.....cue some swatting..... Del lines up again for his putt........ Bzzzz..... the Bee returns........ cue some more swatting........ Del again lines up for his putt......Bzzzz....... the Bee returns and hovers again! ..... cue some more swatting........... Del lines up for his put........... Bzzzz....... the Bee returns.......... (said in a foreign accent from one of Del's playing partners) "Derek, the Bee, it is crapping on your head!".......... The Bee craps on Del's head and flies off!

Can't remember if he made the putt..... but I think we have a strong contender for funniest moment here!!!
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

User avatar
Del
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by Del » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:00 pm

Actually, it was Jip Vogel standing near me, and he said "Hey Del, the bee is now crapping on your head". I stepped aside and indeed the bee was crapping! I did make the putt :D
dunc wrote:New entry!

During play at the Belgian open Del is lining up a putt... Bzzzzz.... a Bee is hovering in between Del and the basket about one metre from Del.....cue some swatting..... Del lines up again for his putt........ Bzzzz..... the Bee returns........ cue some more swatting........ Del again lines up for his putt......Bzzzz....... the Bee returns and hovers again! ..... cue some more swatting........... Del lines up for his put........... Bzzzz....... the Bee returns.......... (said in a foreign accent from one of Del's playing partners) "Derek, the Bee, it is crapping on your head!".......... The Bee craps on Del's head and flies off!

Can't remember if he made the putt..... but I think we have a strong contender for funniest moment here!!!
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

User avatar
Del
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Another funny moment from Belgium

Post by Del » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:05 pm

I didn't actually witness this one, but Emil Isaksson told me that on hole 6 on Saturday, he went for a big anhyser, but was too close to the left edge of the tee. The tees are marked with 5 foot high metal flags. His drive hit the tee flag dead on, and rebounded 10m behind the tee in some woods. Reckon I might have pissed myself if I had been there :lol:
Derek Robins
Quarry Park Disc Golf

User avatar
West
Posts: 2624
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Another funny moment from Belgium

Post by West » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:41 am

Del wrote:I didn't actually witness this one, but Emil Isaksson told me that on hole 6 on Saturday, he went for a big anhyser, but was too close to the left edge of the tee. The tees are marked with 5 foot high metal flags. His drive hit the tee flag dead on, and rebounded 10m behind the tee in some woods. Reckon I might have pissed myself if I had been there :lol:
Nice to see even the top guys have 'incidents' while on course :twisted:
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

User avatar
Village
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:54 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

Post by Village » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Del wrote:Actually, it was Jip Vogel standing near me, and he said "Hey Del, the bee is now crapping on your head". I stepped aside and indeed the bee was crapping! I did make the putt :D
dunc wrote:New entry!

During play at the Belgian open Del is lining up a putt... Bzzzzz.... a Bee is hovering in between Del and the basket about one metre from Del.....cue some swatting..... Del lines up again for his putt........ Bzzzz..... the Bee returns........ cue some more swatting........ Del again lines up for his putt......Bzzzz....... the Bee returns and hovers again! ..... cue some more swatting........... Del lines up for his put........... Bzzzz....... the Bee returns.......... (said in a foreign accent from one of Del's playing partners) "Derek, the Bee, it is crapping on your head!".......... The Bee craps on Del's head and flies off!

Can't remember if he made the putt..... but I think we have a strong contender for funniest moment here!!!
Do bees sh1t?

did this one make a special effort for Del?
The worst thing about having a failing memory is.....no, its gone...

Running with scissors since 1977

BDGA 173 PDGA 8831

User avatar
TheGroover
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Post by TheGroover » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:41 pm

Spring Fling, Quarry Park, April 2007.

Following big build up, 20-odd players line up to beat the previous Speed Golf record.

Having already completed the North v South speed golf, all players were fired up.

Del had been bigging it up for a few days, and with perfect weather, surely the record was there to be beat. We had the experience, the knowledge and the skill.

V. quick to hole Swannee River, well done everyone.

Duncan, our own BDGA secretary, sprints to the tee, with Del ready at the basket.

Duncan hucks the Roc......


.... into the river.

And then suffers the abuse of all involved. Magic! :roll:
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

User avatar
Jester
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:10 am

Post by Jester » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 pm

TheGroover wrote:Duncan hucks the Roc......
.... into the river.
One has to question the sanity of the team captain who decided put Duncan on the tee of a hole involving water. :roll: :lol:
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

User avatar
TheGroover
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Post by TheGroover » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Jester wrote:
TheGroover wrote:Duncan hucks the Roc......
.... into the river.
One has to question the sanity of the team captain who decided put Duncan on the tee of a hole involving water. :roll: :lol:
Well, there weren't many people around the tee, and it was either him or me.

Who would YOU choose? :wink:
----------------
Keep up to date with Oxford's summer league...
Oxdisc blog: http://oxdisc.blogspot.com

User avatar
West
Posts: 2624
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Post by West » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 pm

TheGroover wrote:
Jester wrote:
TheGroover wrote:Duncan hucks the Roc......
.... into the river.
One has to question the sanity of the team captain who decided put Duncan on the tee of a hole involving water. :roll: :lol:
Well, there weren't many people around the tee, and it was either him or me.

Who would YOU choose? :wink:
After seeing your drive on 7 during play on sunday morning ... and seeing Duncan's drive during play sat afternoon ... hide sight says ... :twisted:
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

User avatar
Jon
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by Jon » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:02 pm

TheGroover wrote: Duncan hucks the Roc......

.... into the river.

And then suffers the abuse of all involved. Magic! :roll:
His response was clear [WMV Vid file 896k] :lol:

User avatar
West
Posts: 2624
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Post by West » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Jon wrote:
TheGroover wrote: Duncan hucks the Roc......

.... into the river.

And then suffers the abuse of all involved. Magic! :roll:
His response was clear [WMV Vid file 896k] :lol:
Inspired!! :twisted: :lol:
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

dunc
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: Rugby

Post by dunc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:06 pm

West wrote: Inspired!! :twisted: :lol:
Hmmm, yeah thanks Jon!! :oops:
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

User avatar
West
Posts: 2624
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Post by West » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:43 am

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet ... :twisted:

from ... viewtopic.php?t=406
Jon wrote:The clever/dumb balance is restored!

Bruce VS Hedge [WMV Vid File 1.39Mb]
"West"
PDGA: #8823
BDGA: #250
Twitter: @WestDiscGolf
BDGA DoC 2007 - 2011

User avatar
Jester
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:10 am

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:58 pm

West wrote:Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet ... :twisted:
That's because Westy, he does it all the time. :lol:
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by bruce » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:01 am

There were three strong contenders in this category in Kingsland this past weekend, I'll regale one of them...

A bunch of us are sat around at the camp site on Saturday evening, before heading to the pub, and discussion has turned to the art of throwing the thumber. Jesse gives us a fairly detailed description of the training American kids get at throwing a baseball, and how this helps when you're throwing thumbers.
When smeone observed that Jesse's thumber was less than perfect, he replied "Well, I wasn't much of a pitcher."

With barely a pause, Angus deadpanned beautifully, "You're still not much of a picture..."
:shock: :lol:

I'll let someone else tell the Duncan 'mini', and Jonny Burden 'Roller' stories...
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

dunc
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm
Location: Rugby

Post by dunc » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:31 am

The Jonnie Burden "Roller" story, LOL, this was a good one......

Hole 17, can't remember the name...... but it's about 60 metres long and slightly uphill through the woods, it can be a bit like a game of pinball should your drive go wrong!

So Jonnie, teeing off last in the group :o Decides to attempt a roller.... quite a viable option and Jonnie was not the only one to attempt this.

So he throws and off it races, heading straight for a tree, no, it's hit a root and jumped through the v section of the tree.... lucky git! off it races, still straight at the basket..... it's now got about two thirds of the way, about 40m.......... oh what's just happened, it must have it the root or base of another tree, it's jumped straight up in the air.... about 20ft vertically..... oh well it will come down and land... and that's still not a bad drive at all on this hole.... he'll be pleased with that..... oh hang on it's dropped back down vertically and has still landed right on it's edge, how's it done that? hang on it's started to roll backwards, very shakily, it'll stop soon...... oooh, it's picking up momentum........ unless this is hitting something it's coming straight back at us....... it's not hitting anything!..... here it is, it's coming back and stopping on the tee.. ooh, no it's not it's rolled off a meter left and stopped at my feet.... there's no route up from there... just tree's!

It's quite safe to say that Phil, Rich and Myself were all in hysterics, hey even Jonnie laughed....... in the end :D
The Treasurerrer..... hic!

PDGA #8822
BDGA #154

bruce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:13 pm
Location: Leamington Spa
Contact:

Post by bruce » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:54 am

I think we'll wait for Westy to tell the Duncan story, as he has the video footage to go with it! :lol:
[Standard post disclaimer] My posts are never intended to undermine the work of the Board or individuals putting in effort to grow the sport, they are my honest thoughts on the best ways to grow the game

BDGA: 145
PDGA: 8824

Post Reply