Post by richard » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:23 pm

BDGA #259
PDGA #8840
-------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09 and 2013/14

Cooper

Re: Notification of an AGM

Post by Cooper » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:22 pm

Just read this comms report, couple of points of help / feedback...

Regarding the website feedback
- Lots on Facebook have praised it!
- I also suggested looking at accessibility options to ensure anyone that has a disability would be able to use / browse it
- - If the BDGA wants to check on assesibility, i can get more info if you guys cannot.

Regarding the calendar, have you guys considered using GMAIL with its integrated calendar?
- No real need for the mailbox if you wish
- but the calendar and layout is much better than the one you currently use
- people can switch as preferred to list / calnedar month look

Hope this helps :)

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 am

Tom
ND

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:50 am

Cooper wrote:Just read this comms report, couple of points of help / feedback...

Regarding the website feedback
- Lots on Facebook have praised it!
- I also suggested looking at accessibility options to ensure anyone that has a disability would be able to use / browse it
- - If the BDGA wants to check on assesibility, i can get more info if you guys cannot.
Hi Cooper, could you elaborate a little on what you mean by 'accessibility' in the context of a website? Obviously you're not referring to wheelchair access!
Tom
ND

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:13 am

'Web accessibility refers to the inclusive practice of removing barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to websites, by people with disabilities. When sites are correctly designed, developed and edited, all users have equal access to information and functionality.'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_accessibility
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am

Wow - so a lot to check and potentially change.

Cooper - was the above a volunteer of your services?
Tom
ND

Cooper

Post by Cooper » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:02 am

Cooper - was the above a volunteer of your services?
So you all know, I am not a prfessional in accessibility. However a colleague at work is and I know it seems like a starange thing to comment on (regarding accessibility) but nationwide (within large coorporations) accessibility is a key promotional subject.

Some may think this is a little premature however i see it as something we as a nation and as the BDGA can relish upon. If the BDGA can make all things within the UK accessible, then that is something not just to be proud of but something that no other sport can compare against.

Imagine someone that is blind playing disc golf! Who is to say this is not possible because of the way the BDGA considers inclusiveness.
Imagine someone that is physically disabledstarted playing disc golf, in my opinion that is only because the BDGA says there are no limits and when they say its an inclusive sport - they really f-----ing mean it.

Why follow the curve of the way the world is working when you can get ahead?!
I fully plan to modify the Bedworth Disc Golf Site to ensure that it works for ANYONE, if the BDGA can do the same, it is a complete win nationally and worldwide.

Again, i dont have all the answers and I am not the professional but I have a suggestion to make something that doesn't seem possible - POSSIBLE!

Why should we not?!
Time is on our side, it doesn't need to be done overnight.