Post by LostMeow » Tue May 24, 2016 10:53 am

Tom
ND

LostMeow

Re: BDGA EGM 21.05.16 Minutes

Post by LostMeow » Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 am

The updated, finalised, new Constitution can be viewed at:

http://bit.ly/BDGA-const-final

All Touring Members should receive an email from the Ballotin voting service explaining how to vote.

The deadline for voting is June 23rd (same day as the EU referendum!)
Tom
ND

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

A reminder that BDGA Touring members have 1 week to enter their votes for the new constitution.

You should have had an email from Ballotbin.
Tom
ND

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:58 am

Hi Tom. I've just checked all the spam-filtered messages I've received but don't have anything from Ballotbin. Can you advise please of how I can participate in the vote? Thanks.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:59 am

Other people have managed it, so the invitation emails are definitely going out. Do you have an alternative email than your AKQA one that I could use?
Tom
ND

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:26 am

LostMeow wrote:Other people have managed it, so the invitation emails are definitely going out. Do you have an alternative email than your AKQA one that I could use?
Yep, I imagine it did arrive, but the spam filter deleted it and because I didn't know it was coming I wasn't looking out for it. Can you send again please and I'll tell the filter not to delete in future?

For future votes I would like to see members emailed independently of the voting system email (just as you have done to chase everyone up) at the point that the vote goes live. That way anyone with an aggresive spam filter can take appropriate steps and not risk missing out on voting. Pretty important I think given that one of the new parts of the Constitution is to be able to hold votes online!
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

BOF

Post by BOF » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Possible typo?
Article V - Officers
Section 7 - Other Officers
Comment: Added description of Director of Communications role
should that read 'Added description of Director of Competitions role'?

A minor point, I grant you, but I couldn't help but notice it.
Article VIII - THE NEWSLETTER
Comment: Parts concerning publishing minutes of Board meetings removed - these ‘meetings’ now often consist of ongoing chats on Facebook Messenger, collaboration on Google Docs and so on - not practical to summarise.
Does this mean that, where minutes of ALL General and Council meetings might previously have been shared with all members, a number of these conversations will now be private and only accessible by those involved in the electronic discussions themselves? How is an electronic conversation 'not practical to summarise' but a verbal conversation is?

Just playing devil's advocate here and trying to encourage a robust constitution that will stand up to interrogation.

Conor

'The Disc Golfer Formerly Known As BOF'

Big Putt
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:08 am

BOF wrote:Possible typo?
Article V - Officers
Section 7 - Other Officers
Comment: Added description of Director of Communications role
should that read 'Added description of Director of Competitions role'?

A minor point, I grant you, but I couldn't help but notice it.
Yes, that was a typo but as it's only in the 'explanatory' section, it doesn't actually affect the constitution being voted on (which hopefully does have the correct wording).
BOF wrote:
Article VIII - THE NEWSLETTER
Comment: Parts concerning publishing minutes of Board meetings removed - these ‘meetings’ now often consist of ongoing chats on Facebook Messenger, collaboration on Google Docs and so on - not practical to summarise.
Does this mean that, where minutes of ALL General and Council meetings might previously have been shared with all members, a number of these conversations will now be private and only accessible by those involved in the electronic discussions themselves? How is an electronic conversation 'not practical to summarise' but a verbal conversation is?

Just playing devil's advocate here and trying to encourage a robust constitution that will stand up to interrogation.

Conor
One major difference is that a verbal conversation has a finite timespan, whereas the many online discussion methods I mentioned there are more open-ended. Did you notice the following line under the Secretary's jobs?

"Minutes following any decisions made by the Board, and of any responses to Members’ requests, will be compiled and released to the Association."

- this was added following the EGM on 21.5.16 to address concerns that there would be no communication from Board to Members.

Worth noting, please, that the current vote is a 'yes/no' on the constitution as written. Not another consultation phase. However, if the new constitution is voted through, changes will be much easier to make because we can hold online votes for them.
Tom
ND

BOF

Post by BOF » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks for clarification, Tom.

Wasn't trying to derail the Constitution, just curious...

BOF

Big Document
BDGA #33
PDGA #8835

http://www.ashvillediscgolf.co.uk

LostMeow

Post by LostMeow » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:46 am

In other referendum news, BDGA Touring Members have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the new constitution. 43 (out of a possible 82) voted, with 100% approving the new constitution. This turnout considerably exceeds the minimum quorum of 25 votes set at the EGM. Thank you to all who voted - we will publish the newly ratified constitution shortly.
Tom
ND