www.discgolfuk.com
[email protected]
Home of the Midlands One Day Series
Talk to us about courses!

rhatton1

Re: MODS # 2 Quarry Park March 19th

Post by rhatton1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 am

MODS # 2 is on this Sunday!

Still plenty of time to sign up and join the 37 others that have done so far. Intriguing looking lunchtime game in the works from Andrew Douse, Anhyzer Productions will be filming the hole one first round card and the afternoon lead Open card, the new overflow carpark will be completed (possibly, maybe, it's exciting for QP'ers at least :) ) We'll be playing two rounds of the Black Course so you can get your practice in before the Quarry Park open this summer and there will be loads and loads of the usual trophies and prizes to be won.

look forward to seeing you all there!
www.discgolfuk.com
[email protected]

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:16 pm

there is a vote to see who will be filmed on the mornings lead card over on the Facebook group at the moment, it's being hotly contested with the 5th place spot swapping hands - i'm sure those in with a chance would love your support! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1657308704546856/
www.discgolfuk.com
[email protected]

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 am

Awesome record breaking day at Quarry Park MODS #2 50 players in attendance at a one day event!!

Full results here http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/31694 Thanks Mark as always for getting them up so quickly - Carl Chapman actually won Rec, but had originally entered int, we will swap this around ASAP.

Coupe of notes I would like everyone to read please -

Quick notes to everyone that played on the weekend, please read, a couple of things have been bought to my attention.

Whilst I want the events to be as relaxed, inclusive and fun as possible, all of our MODS events are played under the PDGA and BDGA banner and as such we need to follow their guidelines and rules:

1. I messed up, I should have marked out the OB around the tee area of 15 - I forgot to do this despite saying at players meeting I would, apologies. This and the fenced pen area around 14 (which is no longer OB) were possibly misplayed by a few groups and led to some contention.

If you have a disagreement within your group as to the OB rules on a hole the correct way to handle it is to play out both lies - the lie your group is saying is correct and the lie you are saying is correct, finish the hole from both, mark both scores and then take it up with me or anybody else that has been announced as an official during or at the end of the round. - http://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rule ... nal-throws

2. Competition Rules - 3.3 B, #'s 8 and 10 on here - just please don't, it puts other people you are playing with in an awkward situation. - http://www.pdga.com/rules/competition-m ... misconduct I really, really really don't want to receive an official complaint on this and have to disqualify someone.

I also admittedly need to do much much better personally on #1....especially when their are minors in my group (Sorry Andrew Douse!!!!)

3. Please pay attention in the players meeting - you may have played the course many many times before, but holes and OB rules do change tournament to tournament, it is up to you to pay attention even if I am droning on!! We try to make sure the scorecards are correct with maps and rules before each event, please look at them!

4. ADD YOUR SCORECARDS UP CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst thing Mark Alan Davis or I have to do is apply penalty strokes for a misscored scorecard, We feel like absolute ba%ards for the rest of the day too!!! (This from the man that has done it himself on at least 6 occasions now...)
Thanks!
www.discgolfuk.com
[email protected]

rhatton1

Post by rhatton1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 am

www.discgolfuk.com
[email protected]