Study the master

Any chat about technique, training methods, requests for advice etc.
Jester

Study the master

Post by Jester » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:20 am

What and learn as Ricky Wysocki shoots an effortless 1100 rated round. Squeaky one on #15, and a couple of missed putts, it could have been even better:
http://digg.com/video/disc-golf-ricky-wysocki

What's even more pleasing though is seeing Digg picking up videos like this.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

BaggerBlakehill

Re: Study the master

Post by BaggerBlakehill » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:55 am

Thanks for dropping this Jester as I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

In terms of "technique" though, I'd say this video highlights the importance of putting more than anything else as there were a good number of time when he wasn't even close to being inside the circle which, on a course as short as that, is actually not that great.

I guess the other thing it shows is just how critical it is to have a decent mental game too as I think this shows quite a bit about Ricky himself. While I don't wish any bad joojoo on any player, I don't see him playing like this in the tournaments that really matter or at least, not consistently anyway. Obviously this video doesn't give any indication of how the other players were scoring so I've no idea as to how much pressure he was under or anything like that.
Still suffering from early wood

BDGA# 1112
PDGA# 61657

Jester

Post by Jester » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:09 pm

BaggerBlakehill wrote:In terms of "technique" though, I'd say this video highlights the importance of putting more than anything else as there were a good number of time when he wasn't even close to being inside the circle which, on a course as short as that, is actually not that great.

I guess the other thing it shows is just how critical it is to have a decent mental game too as I think this shows quite a bit about Ricky himself. While I don't wish any bad joojoo on any player, I don't see him playing like this in the tournaments that really matter or at least, not consistently anyway. Obviously this video doesn't give any indication of how the other players were scoring so I've no idea as to how much pressure he was under or anything like that.

Yep, sign of a solid game that the player can score well despite not being 100% off the tee. And only a strong mental game will keep the physical in check when the pressure is on.
Jester
BDGA #128
PDGA #8817
------------------------------------------------------
Croydon DGC: Hyzer Cup Champions 08/09, 13/14

BOF

Post by BOF » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:31 pm

drive for show, putt for dough.

BOF

Big Putting
BDGA #33